RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon,
I am in the middle of a transmission service. I managed to untwist the connector, and pulled the white tab down. However, the the mechatronic sleeve just wont come out. I looked it up in the manual and Im trying to just pull it straight out without twisting, but I just wont budge...I even tried to gently pry it with a flathead....NOTHING
I'm very tempted to just give up and plug the connector back in but I dont want to end up with a leak later. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
I will do my transfer case in the mean time :)

Thank you
Michal

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I gave up on the sleeve while there was still daylight. I have to report that I am very happy with the flush. The transmission is definitely shifting smoother. Is there a benefit to resetting it wit Gap Tool?

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
I gave up on the sleeve while there was still daylight. I have to report that I am very happy with the flush. The transmission is definitely shifting smoother. Is there a benefit to resetting it wit Gap Tool?
Assuming you had the white lock level full released, it should have come out somewhat easily. It is friction fit with o-rings so prying is often necessary.
It’s not the end of the world that you didn’t replace it... next trans service, give it another go.

I’d skip the adaption reset for the trans module.

·
Registered
2011 Range Rover Supercharged
159 Posts
....2011 SC Tranny
you do not drive a 2011 SC Tranny. Please post the actual trim level in the signature field in your profile
While I agree that people should have model/trim/engine details in their profile. It’s pretty clear from his post (and forum) that it’s a 2011 Supercharged L322.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts