RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My alternator died after a new stereo system install.... My mechanic folded in both the side mirrors to put the truck up on a lift...... Now when in the normal "neutral middle/normal position, there is a large degree of play.... is there some way I could fix this? I hate to argue as he is a personal friend of mine and the prices I get are out of this world.... but i'm curious as BOTH of the mirror's have the same amount of play... they don't seem to lock into central position. They lock into both of the extreme forward and back, but neither fully in the middle..... Any ideas or fixes?? Thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
Re: Mechanic folded in side mirrors now they won't really LOCK

If you remove the round plastic tab on the underside you can try to tighten three or four small hex screws.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: Mechanic folded in side mirrors now they won't really LOCK

I'm guessing you tried it already, but you can try pushing the mirror button a few times. It seems that the motor has to catch something and lock into the mirror before it works properly. If the mechanic moved the mirrors by hand, or even sometimes with the motor, the mirror can become detached from the mechanism (based on past experience with other cars, not yet with the RR).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts