RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear entertainment system dvd changer stop working. I can only eject the magazine, but the dvd disc doesn't load and play any movies (Original DVDs, not copied). I try disconnecting the battery and hard reset. Still doesn't work. Lcd screen displayed Mecha error . I even removed the nav tool video in motion, still no luck.
Any suggestion how to fix this problem? Do I need a new dvd changer?

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I am the only person with this problem on this forum.
I call my local LR dealer today. A new DVD changer (remanufactured) cost me about $1200~, plus core (not sure aprox price of the core deposit since I already have the old DVD player out of the vehicle.)
A local car stereo shop told me to contact United Radio Syracuse NY. I research the company on Google. Positive reviews. http://www.unitedradio.com/automotive-electronics/
Spoke to a gentleman at U.R. He quoted me $225.00 to repair the problem. Turn around time is 24-48 hours, 1 year warranty.
DVD player will be ship out today via fed ex. U.R. will receive my DVD player tomorrow for repair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is your dvd player working again? I have the same problem with mine and struggling to have it repaired.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your dvd player working again? I have the same problem with mine and struggling to have it repaired.
Yes DVD player been working flawlessly.
United radio gave me 1 year warranty and a return ups shipping, if my DVD player fail again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts