RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this may be kind of a needy and potentially dumb post. My local shop was told that they should install 275/55r20 BFG KO2s and Johnson Rods. When i got the vehicle back it did not look like the johnson rods were installed. I took some measurements from the center of the wheel to the fender arch. measurements were 20" on drivers front and rear and 20.5-7.5" on passenger side front and rear. I went and measured my buddies l322 on stock wheels and tires(255/55r20). 19" all the way around. imo i should have gotten at least 2.5" of total lift considering the tire size difference and the lift height. Did the shop just throw the tires on and call it a day?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
You simply need to crawl under it and look. It will have the extension rods on all four sensors or not.

BTW please ad your location to your profile and Rover info to your signature as noted in the guidelines.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crawled under and looked as soon as i got the vehicle back from the shop. nothing is on the height sensors. I forgot to mention that they told me they used a diagnostic tool to lift it "more than the Johnson Rod kit." Said it was a dealer tool. When I mentioned GAP, iLand, etc they had nothing to say other than "its a dealer only tool."

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
You can do 1 of 2 things. Accept it or take it back.

I doubt that they raised it more than rods. In addition there are many after market kits that can adjust EAS settings on an L322. If you take it back make sure they restore your previous EAS settings since they obviously do not know what they are talking about nor did they do what you asked of them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
There is a small chance that they raised the vehicle 1" at most with an "aftermarket" kit. I am going to ask if they will raise it another inch on Monday. I went by there today and he told me that he could raise it as much as i want (weird). as of now in off road height the suspension angles (especially the Cv axles) are not even near to being steep or in a bind. in the standard height the angles are nearly flat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts