Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Goose...they work very well. Ample demonstrations in tough conditions. One of the courses at Overland Expo used them again this year, have seen multiple demonstrations over the years!

And the best part...they come in a variety of colors now instead of the standard orange. Pricey yes, bu a LOT cheaper than an extraction from a standard Towing service, Especially if you are far off road.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight P.

I also like the fact they look pretty portable. I've seen them for a smidge under $300, which as you say aint cheap...esp vs a 2x10 but...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,423 Posts
I have got two sections of GRP waffle boards. They are cut from sections of industrial flooring used on walkways. Super strong. Excellent value for money. Less than 100 GBP as I remember.

Comes in different thicknesses. Mine are 38mm thick and about 4' x 1' (excuse the mixed units).
I trimmed them so they fit exactly behind the tailgate of my p38.

They are very effective in sand and also mud. Need to wear gloves though. The surface is very abrasive to maximize grip.

If you need them for bridging, go for 55mm thickness to support the weight of the vehicle.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
The GRP works well in the field. The one time I, ahem, got, ahem, stuck, those did the trick. Not as good looking as blue cammo tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts