RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
I like the matte hood inserts on Rangies, but the whole body seems little more than a limited fad that can little more than negatively impact resale later. They all remind me of the kids in High School "restoring" and old Camaro and not having enough money to get further along than rattle can primer.

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Not even that good. That Camaro looks worlds more appropriate in primer than a newer Rangie. :mrgreen:

More like this...

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow! I've been thinking about getting a new paint job on the rover... I'm highly considering going matte now! Same silver... just matte with black grill and headlights, vents, taillights... etc. Very awesome pictures! Thanks for posting.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
The resale value of this one doesn't seem to be affected much. 1.5 million Euros give or take, the last time I checked.

Where is the drool smiley?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
Those matte Rangies are ugly - and the wheels make them look even worse.

Reactions: ventogt

·
Registered
91 Posts
If i was to consider a matte pâint , i would definetly consider white , and it woulfd have to be just the same paint as the original paint pattern . ie i would keep the original front and side grills , door handles etc .
Only other coloring would be probably dargening of the front and rear lights , burt more grey than black .

i know some of you guys have photoshop ... so if one wants to play .... Feel free , you could use the saudi red one as the model .

My truck is a stock 2002 Première Edition , same as the US 2003 HSE , With OEM 19' wheels .

bearjay

PS the white was not available when the RR MKIII came out in 2002 , if i'm correct .

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,427 Posts
So many of them ruined by the wheels!

Reactions: ventogt

·
Registered
922 Posts
Why do I sense that the "matte" phenomenon is headed towards paint products with anechoic properties (as used to paint the radomes on aircraft)...thereby significantly reducing radar/laser detectability... :!: :twisted:

·
Registered
159 Posts
there's matte and then there's satin. the reventon is satin and i think that for certain select automobiles, it looks great. the rovers we've been looking at are pretty much matte and it gives the impression of being unfinished. even in satin, i don't think the rover is the right car for the look

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
ed1655 said:
there's matte and then there's satin. the reventon is satin and i think that for certain select automobiles, it looks great. the rovers we've been looking at are pretty much matte and it gives the impression of being unfinished. even in satin, i don't think the rover is the right car for the look
Me thinks that's Matt not Satin - No sheen there mate 8)

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's no rusty hood trend.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts