RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matte Black Roof Top & 22" Stormers on my Fuji White 12' RRS **pics inside**

Hey guys. so i did a matte black roof and my new rims today! love the look...sorry for the bad quality pics (they were taken from my iPhone 4S). my tint goes on tomorrow and I should have more pics! next mods after that is painting lower trim white, running boards, exhaust tips, and clearbra! enjoy thanks!

RRS13.jpg RRS12.jpg RRS11.jpg RRS9.jpg RRS8.jpg RRS6.jpg RRS3.jpg RRS1.jpg

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
72 Posts
Re: Matte Black Roof Top & 22" Stormers on my Fuji White 12' RRS **pics inside**

NICEeee. Glad to see that you're up and running. Enjoy.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Matte Black Roof Top & 22" Stormers on my Fuji White 12' RRS **pics inside**

thanks man!

·
Registered
72 Posts

How is the ride quality in the 22s, and be honest now. Really thinking about doing a 22" but then following that thought comes the thought of the nasty pothole streets on NYC. Think I may end up just closing my eyes and making the purchase. Did you take the TPMS sensors from your previous and carry it over to these wheels or bought new sensors?

What is the norm anyways. Do people just buy new sensors or do they just say to F with it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

i honestly cant tell the difference when im driving. and i live in downtown seattle where its pothole city.

i bought new TPMS sensors because i sold my oem rims/tires with the TPMS's.....but i woulda transferred the ones from my OEM rims/tires if i could to save some money. go for 22's and 285/35/22 tires you will be just fine.

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts

LMAO! Having drivin in New York and Seattle on a regular basis Seattle streets are a beautiful parkway compared iwth New York. Some streets through teh garmet district may as well be a shelling test field for Fort Lewis.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

he will be fine. there are tons of NY'ers with 22's or bigger rims.

·
Registered
72 Posts

he will be fine. there are tons of NY'ers with 22's or bigger rims.
Those NY'ers you speak of though don't give a crap about ride quality and just do it because they THINK it looks good. I just laugh and pray for the fools in the south that but 26" rims on camaros and darn near everything else. I really want to pray for those fools.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Those NY'ers you speak of though don't give a crap about ride quality and just do it because they THINK it looks good. I just laugh and pray for the fools in the south that but 26" rims on camaros and darn near everything else. I really want to pray for those fools.
22's in NYC = :naughty:

·
Registered
96 Posts

22's in NYC is a risk. I live in DC and have been on 22's since 07 and have cracked 2. NYC much worse... as far as potholes.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
211 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts

The black top is soooo cool. Nice job. Expect to see it as a future factory option!
While the wheels like nice too, I can't imagine 22's for a number of reason (ride and damage).
In fact, I'd love to go to 19's if Redbourne made them.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts

I'm just happy to see some parking garage shots on the forum again. :thumb:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

goosey- i live in downtown so only have parking garages in the buildings lol got my winows tinted today I will throw up another thread later today or tomorrow with the tints!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
185 Posts

I had 22"s in NYC. Ride quality is fantastic. Very minor difference, really. Don't do 90mph and avoid the potholes you know exist. If you're in unfamiliar territory, slow down a little. Problem solved.

·
Registered
211 Posts

I had 22"s in NYC. Ride quality is fantastic. Very minor difference, really. Don't do 90mph and avoid the potholes you know exist. If you're in unfamiliar territory, slow down a little. Problem solved.
Or just treat every street as a slalom / cone course like I do.

DISCLAIMER: check your rear view mirror for cops first

·
Registered
98 Posts

looks great! love the wheels

·
Registered
132 Posts

Where did you get the wheels. I was looking at the same style in 20" format from one of the ebay shops.

·
Registered
898 Posts

I must say that it looks good.

Funny, how 'city' cars are so different from 'trail' trucks. The early rovers all had white roofs because it helped minimize heat in the cabin and they would put matte black on the hoods to minimize glare from the roof rack lights.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Where did you get the wheels. I was looking at the same style in 20" format from one of the ebay shops.

They're all over ebay and I heard the name (seller) eurowheel being tossed around, but do your research and don't count on me, as I have never purchased from them. I want to go with the machine faced stormer but not with the black inserts, but the ebay vendors that have them seem to mark them up $300 of the black insert model.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts