RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I keep seeing adverts about Velars and full size Range Rovers being equipped with Matrix LED Lights. Does anyone know that is going to be an option on the new Range Rover Sports? Is it included as standard equipment or is it something you have to custom order?

·
Registered
2019 Range Rover Sport SCV8 ATB (L494)
183 Posts
So I keep seeing adverts about Velars and full size Range Rovers being equipped with Matrix LED Lights. Does anyone know that is going to be an option on the new Range Rover Sports? Is it included as standard equipment or is it something you have to custom order?
Matrix LED headlights aren't yet approved in the US. There is a proposal from the NHTSA to allow them, but it hasn't been finalized yet.

·
Registered
50 Posts
what exactly is a matrix LED? And side note, I kind of wish these had cornering lamps, and/or adaptive headlights. I just came out a Grand Cherokee SRT that had adaptive xenon's... they were kind of cool, and lit up the road pretty well going around corners

·
Registered
174 Posts
That's a Land Rover UK advert, not a North American advertisement. I haven't seen any info on Matrix LEDs being available on North American RRS's. Do you have any information that says otherwise?

North American RRS... You searching with the wrong terms. You need to search the internet for NAS market LED headlights...

Hawever you search you still are not going to find any because they are still not approved by the NHTSA

·
Registered
276 Posts
The LED headlights in the US comes with the ability to bend on turns instead of moving it lights up 3 more leds on the side. But all vehicles for shipped to NAS market has this feature disabled.

I found this to be confusing because other vehicles on the road have this type of feature Like Subaru for instance. Tried to actually find the details of the USA restrictions but so far was unable to.

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
That's a Land Rover UK advert, not a North American advertisement. I haven't seen any info on Matrix LEDs being available on North American RRS's. Do you have any information that says otherwise?

North American RRS... You searching with the wrong terms. You need to search the internet for NAS market LED headlights...

Hawever you search you still are not going to find any because they are still not approved by the NHTSA
I was referring to cornering lamps and adaptive headlights as "both". The definition of the Matrix lights is not market specific, their availability is.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The LED headlights in the US comes with the ability to bend on turns instead of moving it lights up 3 more leds on the side. But all vehicles for shipped to NAS market has this feature disabled.

I found this to be confusing because other vehicles on the road have this type of feature Like Subaru for instance. Tried to actually find the details of the USA restrictions but so far was unable to.
My wifes F-Pace has this tech. I actually like it a lot when traversing some dark winding roads on the way to the mountains in VT.
I dont have my RRS yet, and it disappointing to see some of the cool features not available. Matrix headlights, animated turn signals, ect.

Do these even have the rear camera washer that i saw advertised somewhere, or do i need to get a ford explorer for that?

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
great news, we do get the rear camera washer.

·
Registered
276 Posts
My wifes F-Pace has this tech. I actually like it a lot when traversing some dark winding roads on the way to the mountains in VT.
I dont have my RRS yet, and it disappointing to see some of the cool features not available. Matrix headlights, animated turn signals, ect.

Do these even have the rear camera washer that i saw advertised somewhere, or do i need to get a ford explorer for that?
how was you f pace enabled with this? I have a 2019 f pace s and mine is not enabled, as per the workshop manual all nas market vehicles come with this disabled. I even inquired at the dealership service and they said they cannot enable it this is why I was confused, I see many vehicles have this so why cant land rovers or jaguars?

·
Registered
183 Posts
how was you f pace enabled with this? I have a 2019 f pace s and mine is not enabled, as per the workshop manual all nas market vehicles come with this disabled. I even inquired at the dealership service and they said they cannot enable it this is why I was confused, I see many vehicles have this so why cant land rovers or jaguars?
He doesn't have matrix headlights in the US. He's probably referring to the cornering lights and thinking those are matrix lights. The matrix lights will likely be approved this year.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
The headlights moving when you turn is not new and as far as I know is legal in the US.

Matrix lights are multiple LED/laser lights that can selectively turn on and off depending on the detection of cars coming in the other direction. Some manufacturers like Porsche are including this tech in the US but not activated yet pending the law changing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
2017 f-pace prestige, the "vision package" adds the LED Adaptive headlights. They are not an active matrix, they actually swivel with steering wheel input (but only while the vehicle is moving). I cannot find any evidence of these being disabled in the US. Are you sure you have them on yours ?(also did they change to matrix in 2019? that would explain why they are not avail on yours)

·
Registered
85 Posts
He doesn't have matrix headlights in the US. He's probably referring to the cornering lights and thinking those are matrix lights. The matrix lights will likely be approved this year.
Not cornering lights, not active matrix. Cornering lights are additional lights that illuminate for corners. (old Lincolns had that i believe). The bulbs or reflectors in the lamp assembly swivel with steering input with the 2017 f-pace led adaptive headlights (and apparently depends on trim level).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Not cornering lights, not active matrix. Cornering lights are additional lights that illuminate for corners. (old Lincolns had that i believe). The bulbs or reflectors in the lamp assembly swivel with steering input with the 2017 f-pace led adaptive headlights (and apparently depends on trim level).
You're muddying the waters in this topic by leading people to believe that your wife's car had matrix headlights. Yes, I'm aware of the swiveling, LED-adaptive headlights and how they work - I have them in my 2015 Audi A8. They are not active matrix lights.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I drove a Mercedes in Italy few month ago with LED matrix or laser LED, it is a completely different world of what we have here, just test last week the new RRS, sorry but until the matrix are approved we are fare behind of them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You're muddying the waters in this topic by leading people to believe that your wife's car had matrix headlights. Yes, I'm aware of the swiveling, LED-adaptive headlights and how they work - I have them in my 2015 Audi A8. They are not active matrix lights.
Sorry YOU were confused.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Sorry YOU were confused.
Sorry that you don't know the difference between matrix LED lights and ones that "swivel" when you turn the wheel.

·
Registered
79 Posts
dwboston is right.

No car sold in USA have the Matrix/Laser LED headlights.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts