RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my RRS HSE for about 3 weeks now and I'm absolutely loving it. I have two questions:

1) Has anyone experienced a light squealing from the brakes during the initial break-in period? I have about 800 miles on mine and between 15-5mph I have a light squeal when I'm braking. I'm considering bedding the brakes to see if I can get rid of it.

2) What percentage is the tint in the back and is it a regular tint or a ceramic tint? I'd like to have the front windows tinted to match the front, but am concerned about it looking weird if it's too light or too dark.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ive had the same issue with brakes as you are discribing. The fix was replacement of all rotors and brakes along side adjusting the calipers and brake componets now I am brake squeal free and happy to say the most. Did have my ride for almost month while this was being addressed. Hopefully your dealer catches and fixes it quick or else you will be seeing them alot lol. Good luck but have the dealer take a look its under warrently dont waste your time and money let them worry about that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I just got 15% applied to my windows, and it looks really really close. I had 20% on our last rover, and the 15% looks like a closer match to me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had 20% ceramic on our evoque, and 15% ceramic on the Sport. From my judgement, 15% is indeed a closer match. I asked for 20, but the installer (who also drove a Sport) said 15 looks better. The ceramic tint I used has a blue hue to it, so from the inside you can tell the color difference, but light and reflectivity is about spot on.

That said, cant go wrong with either, both look good, but to me 15 is better after having the same manufacturer privacy glass matched on two separate occasions. Just my .02

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've taken some pics. Potato quality, but will upload in a bit. And it was raining.

·
Registered
47 Posts
So I was told by a local shop that the RRS from dealerships do not have the back windows tinted with a film. Meaning there's no UV or heat protection. My dealership told me they provide it standard in Colorado as 27.5%. Might want to make sure of that with your area.

As for brake sounds, I'm only about 300-400 miles into mine and haven't had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here is my 15% Llumar Pinnacle series:
IMAG0526.jpg IMAG0530.jpg

The first one is in dim light after a rain, the second is direct sunlight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
The blue was unavoidable unfortunately. The installer had a contract with Formula One Tint and can only install Llumar Formula One series tint, Pinnacle being the full ceramic top of the line. The metallized (cheapo) stuff didn't have the hue as bad, but is more prone to fade and will block cell and GPS signals. I got the windshield and both panoramic sunroof panels tinted with AirBlue 80, and it has made a huge difference in cabin comfort.

I chose Formula One because they offer a nationwide lifetime warranty on all installs against peeling, bubbling, cracking, and fading. Any of those issues pop up, take it and your warranty card back to any nationwide shop and its all replaced for free. The only time you can tell from the outside is direct sunlight hitting it, otherwise it looks like the garage shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts