RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new maps are out "Land Rover - North America Map Update DVD Version 2009-2010"...

I am trying to find a coupon or promotional code to use so I don't have to pay the inflated $199 price! Does anyone have a code or know how to get a discount? THANKS!

LINK to the maps: https://www.navigation.com/is-bin/INTER ... =OfferList

·
Registered
103 Posts
I wonder if there is a way to use google's maps data as it is far more accurate and regularly updated - not to mention free to load onto the LR nav.

Loading NAV cd's for maps data in the year 2010 seems so '89

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Unfortunately Navteq maps and data for our Denso navigation system are contained in encrypted database files on those DVDs, formatted specifically for in-car navigation systems (.kwi AKA "Kiwi" files), quite proprietary in nature and very difficult to decode / recompile, etc, unless you are in the navigation systems industry. :( And if you don't like loading new navigation data discs in a DVD drive, you are going to hate the way maps are updated on MY2010s and later... Only dealers will be able to do that, via diagnostics. I reckon it won't be any cheaper.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Up to MY09, you just pop the new DVD (including the latest 2009-2010 version) in the drive and away you go... The new hard drive navigation system on MY2010s will need to be updated by the dealer via diagnostics whenever new maps become available in a year or so, through a Firewire port in the car.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
:evil: Okay folks, let's not get into the sharing of "backup" disc discussion again. :roll: Last time it landed John and this site in hot water with Navtec. Posts regarding such sharing have been removed.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh jeeze... Sorry about that!

FYI: Just ordered the update and it ended up costing $222.01. Should have it on Thursday!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone installed this yet? Are the graphics and features any better than the 2009 version, or is it the same program just with updated streets and POIs? I'd be willing to pay the $199 for new features or improved graphics, but not just to know where the new Arby's is located. Thanks.

2009 Range Rover Sport | Stornaway Grey | 20" Stormer Wheels

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
New Arby's? I didn't even know America's Roast Beef Yes Sir was still around! :lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Updated streets (lots and lots and lots of streets) and poi... Seems like some other stuff is better, faster, etc... But remember, I updated from the 05-06 to the 09-10 maps (4 years is a long time).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Does anyone in the Nova/DC area know whether the map update will show the roads on 66 after you pass the 495N/S exits?

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
lakbum said:
Does anyone in the Nova/DC area know whether the map update will show the roads on 66 after you pass the 495N/S exits?
by the new Arby's?

j/k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts