RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to manually lock the differentials on a 2017 RRS SC Dynamic w/ TR II & Extra-Duty Package? The system appeared to automatically engage the lockers as needed, but there does not appear to be a way to manually lock the differentials at 100%.

I was off-roading in the Vermillion Cliffs - South Coyote Buttes area which is notorious for very deep soft sand. Engaged sand mode, disabled traction control, offroad height, and lowered tire pressures to 25psi (trail was rocky too, so didn't want to lower it anymore than that). Transmission very nicely held 1st or 2nd gear as long as possible to maximize torque without using low range as high-speed is needed to maintain momentum through the deep stuff. I could see that the center and rear differentials were engaged automatically in the 4x4 info view, and at times engaged to 100%, but not permanently engaged as I would like in sandy conditions.

Almost got stuck on a very deep sandy uphill corner, but just managed to make it through thankfully!

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 5.28.33 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-01-08 at 5.34.35 PM.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts