Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was watching one of rsw solutions' videos on YouTube and there was one where he manually activated the EAS by pulling out a P38's EAS relay and overriding it. Can I do that on a rrs? I wonder if it will work even if the Amber suspension fault light is on. Thank you all in advance. Hope I dont melt anything!

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I've never heard of a jumper method for anything past 2002. However on Classics and P38s there is more to manually activating EAS than jumping a relay. I suspect the video you were watching was for testing the compressor, not activating the EAS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your speedy reply. You're right. I meant the compressor. So is it possible to manually activate the compressor on a sport? Thanks agagin for your input.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
I am the wrong person to ask as I rarely work on Sports except for an occasional strut job for a buddy or their oil changes while we are putzing round the shop. I am sure someone will be along shortly that knows where the compressor relay is and how to test without diagnostic equipment.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,025 Posts
Of course there is more to inflating the suspension on a RRS than just running the compressor - to over simplify things, the purpose of the compressor is simply to keep the air tank full (above a set pressure threshold) - it is this and its solenoids/valves that adjust the height - so if the tank was full, the EAS will not need the compressor to raise the vehicle while pressure in the tank still remains above the required pressure threshold. Assuming the signals to run the compressor are working Ok there is no advantage in manually running the compressor as it does not directly raise the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts