RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
yes thats exactly where i placed the washers, the arm is there along with a smaller arm from the slave cylinder, and the release bearing was good as well
the reason i placed washers is because when the pressure plate is tightened to the flywheel the fingers straighten up as if the clutch pedal is pressed all the way which disingages the clutch

·
Super Moderator
2,323 Posts
Remove the washers and, with a new friction plate, the fingers will be near flat. That will be giving maximum pressure on the friction plate. Or at least it will as long as you've got the correct, matching, friction plate and pressure plate. The lever the release bearing fits on sits on a ball (and should be secured with a clip) inside the bellhousing that acts as a lever pivot with the slave cylinder pushing on the opposite end. So when the rod from the slave cylinder moves towards the gearbox, the release bearing pushes on the fingers to disengage the clutch.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i will remove the washers first to see if anything changes, coz now i remember the previous slave cylinder was leaking fluid thats why i replaced it with a new one but i replaced it after putting washers so i will check to see if there will be changes with the new slave cylinder and the washers removed

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
Sounds like you have an incompatible mix of bits. When the clutch pedal is pushed down, the release bearing should move towards the pressure plate and press against the fingers so releasing the clutch. If it is pushing against the fingers when released, then the clutch will slip.

Gearbox and transfer box combination won't affect the top speed, that is down to the diffs and overall gearing.
That's what I thought too

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
361 Posts
i have an LT77 with a chain driven transfer box, will this gearbox make my land rover 90 fast on the road? I am not interested in offroad capabilities honestly coz it is not why i am building this car for, i wish it was possible to have selectable 4wd instead of full time 4wd
Why? 4wd improves handling quite a bit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
hahaha I can't do burnouts in a 4wd that's why

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
the diffs are from a range rover classic, I don't know the exact ratio but I guess it will be quick, overall the land rover 90 is small and weighs less than the range rover so the 4.0 V8 will work a lot more easier in this body, power to weight ratio, it should be fast, if it wasn't for the difficulty of getting parts I would definitely put a 6.2L Supercharged LS in it with upgraded brakes and suspension to make it a fast machine on the road more like a sleeper car, currently it has 12 shocks all round, 3 in every corner with heavy duty coil springs which is very stiff, this was designed for racing off IMG_20140320_123536.jpg road.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts