Range Rovers Forum banner

Manual door locking mechanism not working.

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  powerloss 
#1 ·
Hey everyone I'm having some trouble with my Rover so I decided to ask you all here to see if I can get some help.

I have a 2003 HSE that only has a key hole on the driver side door, unfortunately about a year ago this stopped working. I can unlock and lock the door using the fob and the button on the dash but when I try the lock on the door all it does is turn both clock and counter clockwise but absolutely nothing happens. I'm worried that one day the battery will die or the fob will unsynch (which happened once for some reason, luckily the door was unlocked at the time) and I'll have no way of getting into my vehicle.

Any help will be much appreciated.

#7 ·
You can remove the lock mechanism very easily to inspect it. There is only a single torx bolt holding it on which is accessible with the door open through a small hole normally blocked by a rubber grommet.

Once the lock is out you should be able to see if there are any problems. I had a similar lock failure a few months ago. The parts are readily available on ebay for a very reasonable price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.