Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello - been trying to find the advance auto parts (US retailer) pn or call out for the manifold cover on aft area of engine. no joy so far and i have a nice coupon to spend. very little selection RR wise at their stores - brakes, water pump and oil is about all that i have found. i can find the part at a few other vendors i have used, but the coupon is wasting away & my 80k mileage '04 is getting more and more needy all the time :).

TIA.

atb,
redtarpon

·
Registered
209 Posts
[h=1]The cheapest place I have found the Manifold Cover is from Amazon. Follow this link -

http://www.amazon.com/11617501562-I...TF8&coliid=I1WD51WD996X6F&colid=1GUPHUY6CAIU3

Cost is $32.50 + $11.50 shipping. Total therefore $44. I think I can get it for about $100 here in town at the BMW dealership.

#B069 11617501562 94 95 BMW Intake Manifold Cover 530i 540i 740i 740iL 840Ci from retailer Autopartspro.
[/h]This is on my to-do list, before it gets too cold here in Wisconsin. I consider this to be a mandatory (preventative) maintenance procedure every 50K - 70K miles.

Don't forget to order the hoses from somewhere, and don't forget the small hose! There's a good video installation guide on YouTube by RSW solutions, and plenty of other advice on Range Rover and BMW forums on how to remove and replace.

I'm a big fan of Amazon Wish List - I dump anything in there that I have either purchased and like, or think I may want to purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
You can replace the hoses with similar ones that can be found at the parts store. They don't have the manifold cover. You can get oil, diff oil, tranny fluid (unless you are strict on the pricey esso stuff), headlight bulbs, water pump, brakes, and battery there also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.