Range Rovers Forum banner

Manhattan Land Rover is closed

11K views 34 replies 14 participants last post by  enzom 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
If you are In NYC now you have to go to Jersey or Glen Cove?

#2 ·
Sounds like no change to me :p

They were terrible, I bought in Jersey and plan to go there for service or whatever else I may need.

#7 ·
I will miss them. It was so easy to drive into work from NJ and leave your RR there for service. My office was walking distance from the dealership. There will certainly be another JLR dealer in NYC, the question is where. Hopefully, I won't need any servicing for another year.

#10 ·
The Land Rover dealer on the westside was Horrible. Not surprised they closed up shop. If you live and work in Manhattan only a select few would actually buy a RR 25-30 miles out and have fun taking it in for service or anything else. Commuting out there without a vehicle ? fuhgetaboutit

#15 ·
It was a dealership in a pretty large building that sold many brands including Ford and Subaru. Need to move lots of Fords and Subarus to pay the rent.

#24 ·
Just walked by dealer today. It is now a revamped Jaguar/Land Rover dealership. I believe the south side of the building had a Lincoln dealership in the past and maybe one or two other dealership. Now it appears that the whole length of the building along 11th Ave is solely dedicated to JLR.

#25 ·
It reopened - I got a service coupon in the mail yesterday.

#28 ·
Doesn't add up. How does Land Rover force the dealer to close because the CEO is corrupt, yet allow the CEO to reopen with new investors. He is so well hidden that only people on this board know, but JLR can't figure it out?

Dealer was losing money having to sell Fords and Subarus.

#35 ·
Got an email yesterday telling me that the dealership reopened.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.