RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sounds like no change to me :p

They were terrible, I bought in Jersey and plan to go there for service or whatever else I may need.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I will miss them. It was so easy to drive into work from NJ and leave your RR there for service. My office was walking distance from the dealership. There will certainly be another JLR dealer in NYC, the question is where. Hopefully, I won't need any servicing for another year.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
The Land Rover dealer on the westside was Horrible. Not surprised they closed up shop. If you live and work in Manhattan only a select few would actually buy a RR 25-30 miles out and have fun taking it in for service or anything else. Commuting out there without a vehicle ? fuhgetaboutit

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wouldn't you miss the convenience of just going to Hells kitchen for service ?
Not really, because that convenience was always ruined by some muck at the dealers here in NYC. I find I better better service and peace of mind by going out of my way.

Not JLR but the Lexus of Manhattan literally put a hole in my roof and gave it back to me thinking I wouldn't notice it. After i called them out they said "oh yeah that happens the lift probably hit something". Another dealer crashed my car into a wall, never had any of this happen outside Manhattan.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Not really, because that convenience was always ruined by some muck at the dealers here in NYC. I find I better better service and peace of mind by going out of my way.

Not JLR but the Lexus of Manhattan literally put a hole in my roof and gave it back to me thinking I wouldn't notice it. After i called them out they said "oh yeah that happens the lift probably hit something". Another dealer crashed my car into a wall, never had any of this happen outside Manhattan.
FYI The Manhattan Land Rover Dealership has reopened

·
Registered
108 Posts
Why? People stop buying cars there? I thought NYC sold a lot of RRs?
It was a dealership in a pretty large building that sold many brands including Ford and Subaru. Need to move lots of Fords and Subarus to pay the rent.

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
I just checked. What they are selling is left over used Land rovers and just a couple of new ones left from Land Rover Manhattan. Land rover manhattan is gone.
Perhaps for sales, which I am ordering from another dealership but for servicing its a "schelp" going out to LI with the traffic, especially if you live in Manhattan. Hopefully, they revamp. I know the services guys have stayed. But at least we have an alternative but not ideal yet.

·
Banned
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
14 Posts
Perhaps for sales, which I am ordering from another dealership but for servicing its a "schelp" going out to LI with the traffic, especially if you live in Manhattan. Hopefully, they revamp. I know the services guys have stayed. But at least we have an alternative but not ideal yet.
Ah gotcha. Going out LI would be a pain.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Can we still get our Range Rover vehicles serviced at the Manhattan location? Did they only close sales? Or are both sales and service closed?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts