RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,
So I have been battling with an srs airbag fault for a year now and I really can't get myself to pay someone a lot of money to turn it off. However, I figured out that when I lay on the horn for 10 or fifteen seconds, the fault clears and everything is fine until I hit a bump and it comes back on. I'm guessing there is some kind of connection behind the steering wheel, but I was hoping to get some advice before I dig in there. Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi,

Are all the buttons on the steering wheel working? Radio, Horn and Cruise Control?

If yes, i find it unlikely that only the connection of the airbag is bad in the rotary coupler.

What message does your display show?

I had an 'Airbag fault' a couple of times, mainly after re-adjusting the steering wheel when we change drivers. First, we thought its the connection in the seat for the side airbag.

I fixed it by opening the connection of the airbag harness under the dash panel, cleaning it and reconnecting. So it was just a bad plug. The airbag wiring harness is yellow and quite easy to identify.

Do you have side-airbags?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thanks for the replies.

Yes, all of the button work properly on my steering wheel. My car does have side airbags, and I cleaned all the connection underneath the seats, and behind the glovebox and reconnected them. I am still getting the "airbag fault" message when I start my car.. But if i push on the horn it goes off for a little bit.

When you say you opened the connection to the airbag harness by going under the dash panel, do you mean on the driver's side or the passenger side?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey,

I did that on the drivers side only.

Just remove the panel under the steering and you see the yellow cable.

cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts