RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For a full size SUV the 03-05 compartments are unusually small. I'm thinking about cutting out the piece you see in the picture to make more room in the lower armrest compartment. The compartment above it is only about 1 inch deep so I really cant figure out what this big ugly piece if for, its just pressing down on the stuff in the lower compartment. Is this a good idea? Has anyone done this?

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Re: Making more room in the center compartment. Anyone done this

That piece that you wish to cut out is another compartment. The silver handle opens the the shallow compartment, holding the silver handle and the black handle underneath opens this compartment,and underneath that section is where your phone is. You have 3 compartments in the centre armrest. Do not cut anything.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

They must be different in UK. It took 4 screws to open that compartment and as you can see it wast meant to be anything. I cant take it out completely because the silver handle is attached to it and the top compartment is completely loose now. So I'm going to get a fine saw or something and cut the extra part out like its a cancer lump. Will post pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts

My 03 (US) doesn't have three compartments. Push the silver thingy forward to open the top part, pull it back to open the bottom part.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts

there's a clip in the center there, wonder what it's meant to hold?

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

shupack said:
there's a clip in the center there, wonder what it's meant to hold?
I was wondering the same thing. Car phone maybe?
Whatever it is that bottom part is coming out as soon as I figure out the best way to cut it.

·
Registered
144 Posts

Quick pic of the UK phone set-up:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Done. Doesn't look pretty but now I can actually use that space! :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Are you crazy? Vandalising your Range Rover for 1" of extra storage space.... :crybaby2:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Gazellio said:
Are you crazy? Vandalising your Range Rover for 1" of extra storage space.... :crybaby2:
It doesnt look like much but believe me it made a big difference. Now I can put things in there without crushing them.. It was just an unbelievably dumb design.

·
Registered
159 Posts

I'm with you on this one i use that compartment to put large bunches of keys in on a day to day basis and frequently find it full - yes i know there are other places i can put them in the car but i like to keep them all in the same place.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

It took about an hour. Well worth it. I was going to make it look better but I noticed I never open it all the way anyway so I'm not gonna worry about it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts