RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the experiences of everybody who owns a RR HSE, Sport, LR3, etc is in regards to major problems, especially with those with over 60k miles. Im trying to get an idea of your experience with major issues. Should keep my vehicle or sell/trade in before the major problems start? I prefer to keep this car for ever..... I love it.

So can you describe the following
Year/Model
# miles
where is vehicle mostly drven
single owner or bought used
Any issues you have had with you vehicle? transmission, radiator, transfer gear, axles, engine, etc?
What maintenance you perform on your rover?

So Ill start
2008 RR HSE
101k miles
new York city but mostly highway miles and not stopand go
single owner
no major issues so far.
changed bushings and fuel pump by land rover under warranty
have performed maintenance at LR dealerships til 60k
Since then go to a trusty mechanic.
Complete oil changes every 5k miles, air filters every 15-30k, spark plugs at 95k, cleaned throttle body at 95k since rpms dipped after start up for a second, placed chevron fuel injector cleaner at 95k, changed transfer gear fluids and axle fluids at 100k.

·
Registered
79 Posts
2005 LR3 SE
130K miles.

Have replaced one air shock, a cooling thingy I had never seen before, a few other items, all after 90K miles. Considering everywhere my LR3 (dame edna) and I have been and seeing what my BMW's have cost-a few thousand over that many miles is great!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Not sure where I read this or who made this statement. "The most unreliable vehicle in the world is the most reliable vehicle in the world."

That said, I have two Rovers. A 98 Discovery1 of which I'm the original owner. Still have the window stick in my desk. And a 02 Range Rover bought from original owner.
I'm a glutton for punishment. They have both had issues to numerous to itemize.
But I wouldn't own anything else except another Rover. I really would like to add an early 70s Series III 109 to my livery.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
02 Range Rover Westminster
98 Discovery LE Tdi

·
Registered
713 Posts
Not sure where I read this or who made this statement. "The most unreliable vehicle in the world is the most reliable vehicle in the world."
That's from Top Gear UK when they traveled 1,000 miles through South America from the rain forests of Bolivia to the Pacific coast of Chile.

I have a 2014 RR Sport (L494) with 5000mi.
No problems to date.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2006 RRS HSE
120,000 miles
Land Rovers official pot hole test track (AKA Michigan Highways)
Bought used last year from original owner
Currently battling the dreaded EAS fault issue. Replaced both front lower control arm bushings, and had a slight exhaust tick that required a new exhaust manifold gasket on the drivers side.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured Id try to restart this thread.
I'm at 135k miles now, 2008 RR HSE. Love the truck with no major issues, except replaced front drivers air strut. Have done all maintenance (except transmission flush)
I actually bought the fluids and filter a year ago, and never got around to having my mechanic flush it. For some reason i fear the potential that once i flush ill have issues. ( i know many on this recommend it, so waiting for the replys...)Just called LR dealership where I bought the vehicle and they recommend not to flush when I inquired.

Anyway, im planning to have the brakes/.rotors changed, oil change, air filter done next week by my mechanic. Any specific items to have my mechanic look at to see if they need to be changed.?

What is the experience of others with such vehicles with over 100k miles? Feel free to share.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts