RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I new RR owner and some issues make me nervous (mostly do to previous renault expirience)

so please explain me
1) what should be the coolant level ?
(when engine cold is smth about 3/4 between limit lines, when hot is close to upper line, when decompressed when engine hot by unscrewing cover 1cm above upper line)

2)is it normal that some(really small amont) coolant fluid after the ride ,moves out from coolant reservoir from pressure relief valve (small round cover near the main cover)?

3) is it normal that main cooler fan starting with engine start even engine is cold(after nigt for instance) ?, first couple of meters seems to be engaged with engine rpm , after that cooler fan strating work normal and make faster when I stuck at traffic jam or leave engine working at idle for some time

please share your expiriences

thx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody?, i know that maybe a stupid questions however could rise my attention to some potential problems or just make me calm down
I checked workshop as well as user manual.. not such a practical data...

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,950 Posts
if your losing coolant from the overflow then it might be a good idea to replace the coolant cap.
Also make sure the coolant you have is fresh so it offers the most prection to boil over

The fan running when you start the engine cold is normal ,
once the fan begins to spin,
then the silicone inside it gets distributed,
and releases the fan to freewheel,
till there is enough heat from the radiator to make the Bimetallic spring press on the limiter rod,
this in turn reduces the freewheeling and causes the fan to spin faster to engine running speed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coolant level remains stable only I found some small wet places near pressure relief valve ...not big deal however visible ...

Is it normal that that valve works as a decompressing point in normal condition or only as some failure sign?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts