RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of a source for magnetic drain plugs for the engine and trans? I assume the diffs and transfercase already have them...

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
148 Posts
I know a few of Leyland/Morris Mini owners use rare earth magnets stuck to the end of the oil filter, seems a logical place because it's in the direct path of oil instead of waiting for any metal to make it's way around the sump to pass close enough to the plug. As I don't know your location I'll list an Australian supplier of Sump plugs..

Filterplus Australia

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
The drain plug for my engine is magnetic actually broke it in half and got a replacement from brit-car I would however like to replace both diffs , tranfers and transmission plugs with magnetic ones

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that. I'm in Tennessee.

I think the magnet on the oil filter is probably a better idea. However, I would still like to do magnetic plugs on the trans, diffs, and transfer case or are these magnetic already?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
86 Posts
:think: I think thats in The USA... ;) :dance:

·
Registered
186 Posts
harley said:

I think the magnet on the oil filter is probably a better idea. However, I would still like to do magnetic plugs on the trans, diffs, and transfer case or are these magnetic already?
I've not noticed a magnet on any of them. My D2 has magnets on the diff plugs. AB may have replacements for the D2 but I don't know if they fit the the 38.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
rtonder said:
harley said:

I've not noticed a magnet on any of them. My D2 has magnets on the diff plugs. AB may have replacements for the D2 but I don't know if they fit the the 38.

They do, vie got them in Darcy. Don't know about the trans/engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts