RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the situation with these magnetic drain plugs for diffs/autobox etc...?

I know my p38 doesn't have them, but one that was serviced (a late model DHSE) the other day did have them. Microcat says that they are only for the DiscoveryII. :doh: And in typical LR style, the magnetic plugs are cheaper than the non-magnetic. :roll:

Experiences please....

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SpiggyTopes said:
If they exist, put my name down for a set for Christmas!
:lol:

Peter, as always, just let me know what you want and where to send them. :lol:

I know they exist and what fits the Disco2 will often fit the p38. I just wanted to know if anyone had them fitted as standard or how many people fitted aftermarket versions of them from another source, such as Difflock.com?

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I got a pair from Atlantic British, they say DII only, so I figured if they didn't fit my p38 I'd put them in the wife's DII to replace the plastic fill plugs.

They fit Darcy just fine, so yes, they're for p38 and DII.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
I have those too. I upgraded diff and transf. Works well. Found the idea on expedition exchange

·
Registered
517 Posts
I have them as standard on the diffs. I know cos I just replaced ball joints on swivel hub on the weekend so drained diff and definately magnetic drain plug.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
When last I drained my diffs there was a nice layer of metalic crud on my two plugs. I just assumed that they were magnetic by design. Since most of my previous wheelers have had the same design I didn't give it a second thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts