RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/L ... Drivetrain

Has anyone gone the opposite and changed their dual tip exhaust system on a 99+ RR to a single tip exhaust?

I am thinking about getting a single tip Magnaflow exhaust system. It is half the cost and I imagine less weight without the additional 2nd pipe.

Can anyone encourage me or discourage me about doing this?

Looking for a little more power. I just hope it is not too loud.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
I plan on doing this. I already have the exhaust cut off before the rear silencers, so its basically a single exhaust anyway. I agree on paying half the price, seeing how the magnaflow system doesn't have silencers, you're paying like 500 bucks for another pipe coming off the muffler. Lame.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Save yourself the money...I had a local exhaust shop(Exhaust Pros)here in Madison do my setup, $275.00..That included muffler and SS tips...Basically, they cut out old muffler, weld in new one and then cut out rear silencers and welded in tips...You keep your existing dual setup...I find it funny how they can charge outrageous prices for a cat back were any shop will do an install for the fraction of the cost...You just need to let them know what you want...

·
Registered
966 Posts
The whole catback is SS, which is what you are paying extra for. And its already been designed to use existing hangars and such, so you can install it in your garage, instead of going somewhere with a welder. But you're right, if you're on a budget and you have time, a local muffler shop is your best bet for any exhaust system.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I totally agree with you on full cat-backs...On my other vehicles, it was just plain easier to install and have that factory look, but in the case of my Range, at the time, I think Borla was the only cat back sytem I found that run duals but the price was just obsurd, so I went with Plan B, the cheap route...My existing exhaust was in pretty good shape for its age, so doing the mods I did just made sense...Still today, my exhaust is holding up...Plus the shop warrantys their work...If a weld breaks, they'll fix for free...Can't beat that...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts