RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Anyone got the above magnaflow cat back system on their classic? I’d like to know what it sounds like, needing an alternative to the straight through system I’ve got on just now.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
I have used it before, then went back to factory. I did not enjoy the continuous drone and loud cavitating sound, too difficult to carry a conversation or listen to classical music even when windows closed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, helpful information. So is it quite loud in the cabin?

It’s hard to find something better performance wise than standard which doesn’t make loads of noise. If I could find a Janspeed system it would be ideal but they don’t make them anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
yes it was loud in the cab, not to mention the feeling you're in a cave with a growling bear. it highlighted too well the v8 grumble. at least for my taste, that bruuuuuuuuu. sound.
the 87 model only used a third catalytic converter and then a rear muffler, later models used a center muffler and then a rear muffler. maybe a custom shop could build you a system, another option is discovery1 system.

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
yes it was loud in the cab, not to mention the feeling you're in a cave with a growling bear. it highlighted too well the v8 grumble. at least for my taste, that bruuuuuuuuu. sound.
the 87 model only used a third catalytic converter and then a rear muffler, later models used a center muffler and then a rear muffler. maybe a custom shop could build you a system, another option is discovery1 system.
LOL! He's gotten soft in his old age. He helped me bring my RRC back to life, complete with replacement Borla ss muffler (warrantied) and Magnaflow ss cat-back. It does growl like a bear, but that's music to my ears...

At idle

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
At highway speeds,

·
Premium Member
1,485 Posts
At neighborhood speed:

·