RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title says, would love to hear opinions on Lynx Evo tool, especially in the context of L322 chassis and possibly how it compares to IIDTool, iLand and Hawkeye.
Any and all feedback is welcome!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
To answer my own question, just heard back from BritTool and they informed me that Lynx Evo is only being sold in EU market with Atlantic British'es iLand being a US version of the tool.
I still welcome any feedback about this tool and how it compares to IIDTool and/or Hawkeye.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,710 Posts
It would be highly unlikely for one member to have multiple bits of equipment. Different equipment address different generations of L322 depending on year and optioning. Add your year and model and suspension optioning info to your signature as noted in the forum guidelines. What works well for first gen may not work for third gen.

As far as iLand I have never used it simply because AB has no detailed chart as to what it covers, for which models and years covered, for each function it provides. Several members have been frustrated by lack of information on iLand so they simple avoid it.

IIDTool receives lots of glowing feedback from members here on ease of use, customer service and great bank for the buck for the coverage it has.

Bearmach Hawkeye again has no easy chart of system coverage, setting access or what is covered for each generation. A general tool that Covers all Range Rovers from Classics to 405s seems a bit far fetched but comes with the added cost of purchasing the right intermediary "dongle" that matches your cars configuration. So for $450US you get the base unit then have to purchase a black dongle for $54 or red dongle for $54... or maybe your need both for access to all systems. There is no easily found info on what each dongle accesses or does. When you add in the shipping from the UK and transit if anything goes wrong during the warranty period it doesn;t sound all that viable over here in the US.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, ToadHall, appreciate your perspective. I too am leaning towards IIDTool, strictly based on the feedback I've come across here.
I can't seem to find a way to add a signature under my profile; can you please point me to the right place?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
A friend of mine has the US versión, the European one is martes by Britpart.

There was also a castrated US version of the Hawkeye Pro. Also as by Atlantic British, it was blue unlike the green Hawkeye.

Why do I have a Faultmate, a Hawkeye pro and the IIdTool?

Easy.. Hawkeye is the best for Classic 14Cux , on the road 10AS deblocking Freelanders and it also does BMWs, Minis and much more. It works fine for any ABS under thd sun.

You got the I'D.. it is for the professional user who does not do deblocking BECMs or reprogramming fuel maps. It is meant for people like me who repair mainly Land Rovers but also occasionally do other cars. And no, you don't need more than 2 cables. 14Cux and bod, the multiplexing is very good.

If you have a p38 or a pre Can bus l322 or a Td5 Disco or defender, a 4.0 v8 Disco get a Rovercom product. Simply the best. I hate the cable spaghetti and the need of a very ancient computer that you have to be able to repair but it is the one true open sesame for a p38.

And for anything newer I have the Gap IIdTool pro. The only downside is that Evoque is pretty limited and it will not talk to 10as or the ABS in a Puma. See above, Rovacom.

I have used others. A friend has various versions of the Taiwanese Scan Tool, not cheap and you'd be surprised how good it is in RRSport suspension or engine diagnostic. But frankly they are the biggest autoelectronic place in the North they make it pay.

Use one of the 3 above depending on your needs.

·
Registered
175 Posts
As far as iLand I have never used it simply because AB has no detailed chart as to what it covers, for which models and years covered, for each function it provides. Several members have been frustrated by lack of information on iLand so they simple avoid it.
Hi-

There is a breakdown of iLAND system functions as well as special functions by vehicle model/year.

iLAND Special Functions By Vehicle

iLAND Systems Coverage By Vehicle

These can also be accessed directly on the iLAND product page.

Thx. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts