RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About to switch my wife over to her "new" '95 LWB. This has a 2" lift compared to her "current" one and she has a bit of trouble getting in and out. Does anyone know of a source for LWB running boards, or has adapted something from another model (or make) to fit? I have access to a welder so relocating mounting brackets shouldn't be an issue, but I'm thinking building from scratch is beyond my skill level.

No air shocks on either one so I can't switch those across, and her "current" one is low enough, but the rear has a sag (I'm assuming due to incorrect rear springs) so it doesn't look right and I don't want to swap those springs over.

If there's nothing out there and I do end up fabricating from scratch, does anyone have any detailed pictures of how the running boards mount to the truck? I haven't really checked closely - wondering too if the truck has the mounting location predrilled, or if during the original installation the installer would have made modifications.

Thanks!

·
Registered
124 Posts
About to switch my wife over to her "new" '95 LWB. This has a 2" lift compared to her "current" one and she has a bit of trouble getting in and out. Does anyone know of a source for LWB running boards, or has adapted something from another model (or make) to fit? I have access to a welder so relocating mounting brackets shouldn't be an issue, but I'm thinking building from scratch is beyond my skill level.

No air shocks on either one so I can't switch those across, and her "current" one is low enough, but the rear has a sag (I'm assuming due to incorrect rear springs) so it doesn't look right and I don't want to swap those springs over.

If there's nothing out there and I do end up fabricating from scratch, does anyone have any detailed pictures of how the running boards mount to the truck? I haven't really checked closely - wondering too if the truck has the mounting location predrilled, or if during the original installation the installer would have made modifications.

Thanks!

Try craigslist.... Mainly on the west coast. They tend to sell more frequently on that side because most owners do a lot of off roading and usually take them off. Also go to your local Pull A Part, you'll be surprised. Also post up in the classified section in this forum. As for me it took three years to find a decent one. I had to fly to San Francisco to get one and I got extremely lucky. Hope that helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts