RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I purchased a set of aftermarket wheels, which I was getting put on by my dealer (i did not get the wheels from the dealer, but he was doing other work on my car so i was going to get the wheels put on at the same time). So the dealer tells me the lugnuts that I have are not the correct fit for the rims. He says there is about an 1/8" room around the lug nut for the wheel to move on. If the lugnut is tightened, then obviously the wheel doesn't move. Meaning basically that the head of the lugnut/washer is bigger than the hole; however, the tappered portion (where the threading is) is smaller so if not tightened the wheel can be giggled a little bit. I talked to the ppl who sent me the wheels and they said it is the correct lugnut and that aftermarket lug nuts are not going to fit exactly in the hole.

Is the dealer just being apprehensive because they are not used to putting on aftermarket wheels or is there really a problem??

·
Registered
285 Posts
ndnrr,

The "tappered" portion should be 22mm (the same diameter as the holes in the wheels). If the holes are bigger than this your wheels will eventually move, regardless of how tight the nuts are.

Your dealer is quite correct to be concerned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts