RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I need to re-gas my air con on the LSE!,now the was done last year by a local firm,when i picked it up i was told there was no leaks in the system and they had change the gas attachments on the back of the compressor to the modern quick fit type,one is red and one is blue.My question is which is the high pressure side and which is the low pressure side,The red conector is on the side labeled SUCTION and the blue conector on the other,i am concered that they may be round the wrong way!can anybody help or advise,as i wounder if this is why the gas has gone.
Thanks valveboy

1988 3.5EFI Vogue
1993 4.2 LSE
1996 DISCO ES

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am no A/C expert, I am sure someone with some more experience will chime in. In the US the 1993 MY used R12 refrigerant. From your description did they change you to R134??? Usually the end that the refridgerant goes into is the low side and the adapters used will only fit on the correct side. If it is now a R134 refridgerant then get a few cans at Wal Mart, etc and a hose and you can only put the hose end on the correct terminal. To loose the refridgerant in one year is way to quick. You probably have a leak somewhere and should check that out before putting anything into the system.

Parker
1993 LWB Plymouth Blue

1 - 2 of 2 Posts