RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I've been a lurker on this site for some time as I've owned a Disco 1 and currently have a P38a. This site has been invaluable so solving issues and making mods for both vehicles.

Unfortunately for me the P38 a bout was a lemon. Four days after I purchased it the headgasket let go and it had to be sent back to the car dealers mechanic to get fixed. Ever since, it has been plagued with over heating issues with eventually ended with the expiry of the 4.6 engine. I then bought a wrecker motor which was striped checked, heads decked and rebuilt, and still the overheating problem persist. Long sad story short, I want rid of the 4.6 Gems engine.
I've seen that Leftlanetrucking has written two comprehensive threads on this site about doing the LS1 swap. I'm quite interested in also doing this but want to know if anyone else has managed this conversion with the adaptors that he is selling. I've reached out to him via PM but haven''t had a reply (I have read that he is a very busy man that spends a lot of time away from home) and have also noticed that he hasn't been active this year.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
T

·
Super Moderator
2,313 Posts
If you've cooked one engine and another that has been stripped and checked is overheating, then it isn't the engine but something else, most likely a clogged radiator. Martin (Leftlanetrucking) has been very quiet recently but someone did ask how many others had gone down the LS1 route recently and his reply was none. There have been a few that said they were going to do it but it appears none ever did.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Yea members here said they wanted the stuff he designed and made. Every member flaked out when it came time to pony up funds, so he refused to make up more parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the replies.
@Richard G - I've pulled the spark plugs and there is coolant all over the one in cylinder one. At a guess there is a slipped sleeve or fracture in the bore of this cylinder. THe heads were decked and the top the block was within tolerance and I know the head gasket was put on the right way. I only wish I'd bought an ARP stud kit instead on standard head bolts.
Its a real shame when initiators like Martin get burnt but a community. It makes it hard for them to pick the genuine from the tyre kickers. I read another post where someone was debating the merits of the Marks 4x4 kits. Martin gave an estimated price and although I have to convert it into NZD I didn't think it was too bad. Admittedly it was from 3 years ago and the prices may have changed, but I still consider it.

·
Registered
496 Posts
martin has said that his cnc guy has flaked on him and he doesn't seem to be that interested beyond that point , if he does another lot of shafts I still will take one , its not a money thing its a supply problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts