RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Which trail type are you comfortable with, knowing there will be spotters and experienced drivers wi

• Scenic only-I want my car to come back clean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate only-I can't risk it

• Difficult-Bring it on. If Spiker's done it without damage I can do it!

• Total voters
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,455 Posts
Well...I'll make the final call shortly, I'm 98% certain I'll do it, especially with the offer of an espresso, how can I refuse now, and turn it into a little So. Cal trip to visit some friends as well in La Jolla and then back to Texas.

Are you still without your Vesuvius next week Drevs, would be nice for you to at least drive out to Big Bear, and then you can trail ride with us on the tough stuff that Adam will lead us on, just remember I can only do 125 with my Nittos while you blaze ahead at 140 on the dubs!!!

Will confirm shortly...I believe my route would take me through Phoenix on Thursday p.m. and may make it all the way to Knickerbocker by late Thursday evening...so that might be 1 or 2 days early for you if you are working that week depending on when you want to arrive...

Looking forward to the photo shoot...we'll have to send this to LRL for a story run in their next edition!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,455 Posts
Thanks Jeffrey...another enticing offer - looking forward to learning a bit about photography while we're out there as well.

Confirmed for this event - can hardly wait, should be a nice road trip. :D :D

I'll probably arrive Big Bear sometime now on Friday, I think I'll stop in either Phoenix or Palm Springs for a round of golf and then make the rest of the trip to Big Bear by Friday evening...

Adam/Jeffrey, should I bring my Hi-Lift just in case, even though as far as I know, it can only be used on the rear hitch, I haven't figured out how else to use it anywhere else?

How about convincing Pokerplayer and Jazejeff to at least come up for coffee on Sunday a.m., would be great to see your RRS's and meet -hoping that Drevs is up for the drive from Phoenix...that would make a nice collection of colors - Green, White, Blue, Silver, Vesuvius, Grey, all we need is someone with Rimini now.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I PM'd Boaz (can't make it), frinsan and thebigmboy (no answer yet), all of them either offroaded locally before or wanted to... Hopefully someone else joins us at the last minute.

Great news PJ, unlike years past I am really looking forward to Father's Day now! Hope Drevs can join.

·
Registered
485 Posts
"Folgers or a Keystone Light?"

Drevs, any Sport owner driving your distance deserves a better beer. A round of microbrew for all! Maybe two!

·
Premium Member
1,143 Posts
dang i'm jealous. doesn't seem to be very many sports hitting the trails up here. i've never seen one myself and have only seen pics from a dealer event. would love to wheel with you guys.

i was this close to pulling this off as a father's day thing, but then we realized that our older daughter starts at her new school the following monday so there's no way we could pull this off. i'll eventually make the trek down to meet up with you...some day.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I'll be bringing me two 18" Nitto spares for the trails for everyone.

I am also changing the trails to MODERATE ONLY. I went up there yesterday and difficult trails like Gold Mtn. are trashed making them way too difficult without sliders. I used mine all the way through and tore off my rear bumper [snapped back on so don't worry about the photography shot]. It's simply not worth it to wreck your trucks when we are trying to have a good time. There were 3 sidewall flats on Gold Mtn. too. No fun.

We'll still find enough challenge while protecting our rigs.

I'll determine the trails by Fri.

It appears I'll be going up to BB on Friday afternoon now.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
A round of the finnest for you too of course!
Drevs, any Sport owner driving your distance deserves a better beer. A round of microbrew for all! Maybe two!
Alright, now we're talkin!

All I need to find now is a ride to Ontario or LAX on Sunday night. I think I'm just going to ride with PJP on the way out and fly back to PHX after wheelin with you guys. Anyone live nearby to a major Socal airport?

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Awesome, thanks a bunch for the offers guys.
Ontario is closest to Adam and Big Bear, so I guess that makes the most sense. There's a 3:40, 5 and a 6pm... What do you think, Mr. Spiker?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I was actually planning on going up much earlier. I have a meeting with the GM of Newport Beach dealership who's up there for his Wheels event Sat/Sun.

Any way you can come earlier, around noon or so we can leave ONT by 1? See how close you can come to this, let me know.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Adam, unless I misunderstood Drevs (or you), his request is for a ride from Big Bear to Ontario airport on Sunday afternoon, when we all come back down to L.A., and a suggestion on which fight to book Sunday for his return to Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Yeah, I think the signals got crossed. I PM'd Adam earlier about it and I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out.
It's true that I'll need to leave time for the security screen at the airport. I'm sure that buying a one-way, last minute airline ticket will also buy me a full cavity search. Great... :(

41 - 60 of 95 Posts