RangeRovers.net Forum banner

Which trail type are you comfortable with, knowing there will be spotters and experienced drivers wi

• Scenic only-I want my car to come back clean

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate only-I can't risk it

• Difficult-Bring it on. If Spiker's done it without damage I can do it!

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
umbertob said:
Well, if Jeffrey and/or Adam and others are staying at Knickerbocker Mansion overnight, we might as well meet in their parking lot, does Sun @ 10 am sound good? I am pretty sure I'll come up on Sunday morning myself.
Sounds good! 8) Thanks!

CASANOVA
(JC)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Ok.

I reserved my room at the Knickerbocker [they'll call me tomorrow to confirm/did it online].

For those coming up Saturday TO DRIVE then we'll meet at the mansion at 10am, check in/leave our stuff if possible, grab a bite to eat, hit the trail.

For those coming up Saturday AFTERNOON, then we'll meet at the mansion whenever but most likely be going to bar/dinner around 6. We'll leave word at the front desk where we went if we miss you.

For those coming up Sunday morning we'll meet at the mansion for a departure at approx. 10am. If you will be late PLEASE CALL ME at 951-500-0560 or take the mansion's phone number and call them to tell us (909) 878-9190. We'll stop at the grocery to get trail lunches then hit the trail.

Saturday will me a moderate trail. Sunday moderate to difficult. We can always change on the fly too, so no worries.

Please RSVP to me via EMAIL [as well as here] and include your name, vehicle/color, cell phone, arrival date/time, number in party, lodging arrangements if appl.

Cannot wait!

If we're getting pressure from our families about it being father's day. Bring them along. No worries. Up to you. Jeff/Umb: think of the nice photography you can get with all the Sports at such a great property!

Let's all come out, everyone's invited!

·
Registered
485 Posts
Me and my friend Stewart, Giverny Green, Arriving Sat. afternoon for Sunday's run. Reserved a room at the Knick. 805-886-9682.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Adam,

Sent you PM did you get it? Anyway, we will be arriving on Sunday 6/17/07 before 10 AM. JC and company of three, 818-300-5049 RRS Zermatt Silver. Thanks

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Lucky guys, that's a nice place, learned to ski there in my younger years.

Navigation tells me it's only 1540 miles to Big Bear, I wonder if I could escape for the weekend, now how how I do explain this to my wife...

Be right back sweetie...just popping over to California for a little off-roading...back in 6 days!

Lots of pictures please!!! :D

·
Registered
506 Posts
Thanks guys :) Have fun and take a lot of pics for us! I will join you guys next time. Jeffrey and others if you guys are around LA/Pasadena maybe we can do a mini meet and have a couple of drinks before you guys go up? :)

JC - you will get it in time bud. If not take the loaner BUICK you got and bang it around up there :D Make sure you bring the radios too. Umberto, I have some handheld radios I can send to JC so at least you guys have some communication along the trails and with JC's RRS I should be able to hear him up there from here with no problem.

Let me know.

Pokerplayer
Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hello Guys! 8)

What up Umberto? It is being serviced by LRJAH- Anaheim Hills. I hope they give it back to me soon, I miss my ride. :cry:

Mike, bring the radios on the 16th when we go to Extraordinary Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious event :lol: and I will have my radio installed on my RRS by then (if I get it back) so we can talk to you when we go up there! Umberto bring your FRS, the the more equipment we have the better.

73's
K6SJC

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,454 Posts
Believe it or not, I'm seriously considering coming now, I've been able to schedule some time off and can get out there. How many are actually confirmed, even if just to come and meet for breakfast on Saturday or Sunday a.m., for a RRS photo shoot. I would probably arrive Friday sometime, and do both Saturday and Sunday moderate runs, then head back on Monday. Not too keen on the super difficult stuff until I see it...the descriptions look tough.

Drevs...feel like tagging along from Phoenix to Big Bear, my route will take me through Phoenix.

Cheers...

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
That would be so cool if you could make it, PJ. I'll buy you an espresso if you come over (it may not be mine, though...) So far I believe we have 4 Sports confirmed, Adam, Casanova, Jeffrey and myself (I think we are all only doing the Sunday run, except for Adam of course.) Don't know if Adam is bringing anyone else along. I am up for the tough stuff - I trust Adam's opinion that it's not that tough for our cars, and he is one heck of a spotter anyway :) - but I will follow you guys wherever you decide to go. Hope to see you up there.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
PJPR01 said:
Drevs...feel like tagging along from Phoenix to Big Bear, my route will take me through Phoenix.
Haha, sure, why not! Sounds like a good time.
I'm still searching the ends of the world for 18's, but no luck thus far. Currently looking at importing them from Austrailia... jeez... Anyhow, my truck won't be trail worthy so a tagalong would be great.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts