RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the time has come. 2 of our doors don't line up anymore after our recent trip to Moab. It was only a matter of time as we've been pushing the limit of the truck and our own skill level since 2008. Steel Bender, rated 7, lives up to its name. Honestly, if I was more careful and took easier lines, we would have been fine. There is no visible damage, it is all from underneath and behind the plastic bits (what's left of them).

Even though Lucky8 shows the RS sliders, they are no longer available as far as I know. What I am thinking is to go with a vendor who makes LR3 sliders and cut them down an inch or two and re-weld; as long as the mounting points will match up. Thoughts on this?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Might be tricky to match up the mounting holes of both chassis and rail mounts, plus the square profile of the LR3 (if you are getting nerf bars) may look a bit funny on the Sport... And of course, when you cut and re-weld a solid steel plate you introduce new potential stress points. I don't know 3E, it may be better to get something custom fabricated locally, if you know of anyone? I have a set of Tactical 4x4 rock sliders installed on my LR4, I will be more than happy to slide down there and take measurements for you if you'd like.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm torn between going local and doing something like this. I was thinking of calling up Tactical to see if they know about the mounting. Hell, maybe they could even make a "shorter" one on their jig or whatever it is they use. I don't mind if the profile doesn't match. :D Thank you for the offer umberto. I will take you up on it if needed.

Looks like it'll take a new rear door to fix the passenger side; they can fix the front door. :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's awesome, I haven't seen those. I wonder why they don't seem to extend all the way forward or rearward though. I've popped off that front plastic piece before. :wink:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I imagine freight would be a killer
Yes, when I was looking at the Lucky8 sliders, the shipping was more than $1000, that killed the deal for me.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did confirm (yesterday) with L8, there are no more RRS sliders.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Eric, as you know, I have those sliders and they're AWESOME. You lose over a inch of clearance but, you get over it real quick when you hear them really bang hard on something and thank god they did their job. I'll take pics but, you can imagine mine are pretty abused. ;-) You may want to contact Adam Spiker to see if he'd be willing to sell you the CAD schematic and maybe you can have a local guy fabricate.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Or maybe you can get rid of yours as you have the 90 now. 8-0=

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey 3E, any update on your slider quest?

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nothing too much more.

I've been looking at NAS D90s for two years now, but really only seriously in the last few months. I've given up on NAS, now looking to just get a good ROW market 90 for less than 1/2 the price. So I'm kind of shelving the Sport, but I know I'd buy some sliders in a second if they were available.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
I've been looking at NAS D90s for two years now, but really only seriously in the last few months. I've given up on NAS, now looking to just get a good ROW market 90 for less than 1/2 the price. So I'm kind of shelving the Sport, but I know I'd buy some sliders in a second if they were available.
good luck with your search. took me a while to find my NAS D90 and now i've got a new project. i only have the rear ladder to finish installing on the RRS and then i'm pretty much done with it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
TripleE thats a great pic, she looks awesome! Good call on the D90 man best of luck!!!

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good luck with your search. took me a while to find my NAS D90 and now i've got a new project. i only have the rear ladder to finish installing on the RRS and then i'm pretty much done with it.
Thanks. Wasn't that you that posted about the ladder mount a few months ago?

TripleE thats a great pic, she looks awesome! Good call on the D90 man best of luck!!!
Thanks and thanks. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts