RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my MY17 RR for software update and CarPlay. Was told they have all software updates on hold until they resolve some issues with the current software. Does this sound correct? Have apt with the other dealer in town next week. I’ll see if they give the same story.

also mentioned some sensor and camera issues but can’t do anything about that without keeping the car 1-2weeks.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Sounds about right... I did an OTA update and lost CarPlay. Dealer said LR is working on fixing. I have an appointment with another local dealer weds. We’ll see what they say...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Took my MY17 RR for software update and CarPlay. Was told they have all software updates on hold until they resolve some issues with the current software. Does this sound correct? Have apt with the other dealer in town next week. I’ll see if they give the same story.

also mentioned some sensor and camera issues but can’t do anything about that without keeping the car 1-2weeks.
That's interesting...which software version is your MY17 RR running currently?

It's so frustrating reading different info on the Range Rover owners' forums
(usually always much more accurate and up-to-date too) and getting different info from Land Rover dealers/service depts 🤦🏻‍♀️
(with one dealer telling you X and another telling you Y and yet another telling you Z, like none of them are on the same page at all)

I brought my MY17 RR in to the local Land Rover service dept in LA and they updated me to version 19A4

The version I was running BEFORE bringing in my car last week

New updated version to 19A4 after picking up my car from service

Since you just posted 3 days ago that the LR dealers are saying ALL software updates are on hold...wasn't sure if it was just another case of different Land Rover service locations giving different info to customers cos I had this update done on Thursday and picked up my car on Friday last week

Have you had the SOTA turned on by your dealer too?

Curious since mine is 2017 too and all the Land Rover service techs were telling me no way 2017 models can have SOTA and that it's unheard of...yet I've been seeing a few owners showing that SOTA is indeed available and have been already turned ON for other 2017 owners

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2017 and updated software to 19A with CarPlay at the dealer on 9/7/19. Oddly enough the only issue I see is that I lost instant MPG readout on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That dealer was obviously full of crap. Took to the other dealer in town and they updated software and installed CarPlay with no issues. I’m all up to date now and have the SOTA option available for future. PreviouslyI was in the original software not even 18c.

Will have to file a complaint with the service manager of the first place. Sent the second dealer a few pizzas for lunch for doing their job well.

·
Registered
461 Posts
My '17 was up at JLR in Mahwah several months ago...they determined that some very early '17's have slightly different hardware then the later '17's even though MY17 was the new infotainment design...mine was delivered in April of 17 and does not have the ability to get all of the features of the later updates...

Mine goes in tomorrow for a few items and infotainment and OTA updates are on the list...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My '17 was up at JLR in Mahwah several months ago...they determined that some very early '17's have slightly different hardware then the later '17's even though MY17 was the new infotainment design...mine was delivered in April of 17 and does not have the ability to get all of the features of the later updates...

Mine goes in tomorrow for a few items and infotainment and OTA updates are on the list...
you should try another dealer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts