RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea if this only affects the UK, but my Sport has been at my Dealer for a week now, but they insist that LR are refusing to allow any new Sports to be released to customers. I believe the new Disco Sport is also affected.

I cannot get any information of what the problem is, what the fix might be, or when they might be released. Incredibly frustrating and ridiculous situation!

In the UK, March 1 is an incredibly important day as 'new Registrations' are released then and a lot of buyers time new cars to be collected at the start of March.

I am very surprised that I cannot find anything on UK or US Forums about this.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
WOuld you rather take delivery of a rig that has a safety issue or major flaw or wait for the issue to be resolved?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What a strange response.

Of course I don't want to take delivery of a dangerous car; what I do want is some communication from LR as to what the problem is and when it will be sorted - is it 2 days, 2 weeks?

It's appalling customer relations and communications in my book: YMMV

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
It is not at all uncommon for an issue to be discovered during production or even post deliver to the dealers. The dealer most likely has no or extremely limited information and Land Rover may not have a full picture in order to advise a remedy and time line. Naturally ever car company errors on the side of caution and image as they work through something like this. Is it frustrating, of course it is. However it certainly isn't worth getting too worked up over with no information.

·
Registered
263 Posts
On rrsport.co.uk I saw the following regarding this issue "Bad news is I cant have it as Landrover has issued safety recall on all sports, faulty wheel nuts aparantly. so got to wait till that's sorted."

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
On rrsport.co.uk I saw the following regarding this issue "Bad news is I cant have it as Landrover has issued safety recall on all sports, faulty wheel nuts aparantly. so got to wait till that's sorted."
Including 2014?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
OUCH. Having your nuts fall off would certainly not be a good thing!

Does make you wonder what is different about the newest 494 and Disco that the 405 wouldn't be impacted.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I feel like I shouldn't even be reading this post ... `)

I'll be at my local dealer on Monday for a first visit ... should I mention I'm afraid my nuts will fall off and I'll come crashing down on my bladder(s)?
I have a feeling the service advisor would never forget me after that ...

·
Registered
274 Posts
I feel like I shouldn't even be reading this post ... `)

I'll be at my local dealer on Monday for a first visit ... should I mention I'm afraid my nuts will fall off and I'll come crashing down on my bladder(s)?
You have children, and everyone is concerned about the sun, so you definitely have good reason to mention that an abrupt stop after busted nuts could wreak havoc on your curtains. If not that, there are certainly the possibilities of either cushion or headrest damage.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,723 Posts
If you can pull that off with a perfectly straight face I can GUARANTEE he would never forget you!

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Hey, I read it on an internet forum, so it must be true `)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyway, to get back to the OP...

Having spoken to LR, there are in fact two current issues preventing the release of cars (at least in the UK). One is the unspecified 'wiring' problem; the other is an issue with locking wheel nuts.

There is currently no resolution for the wiring issue that affects my car. I don't know if the wheel nuts issue is resolved, but I imagine it is easier to fix by simply replacing the nuts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello
new to Forum down in NZ, my new RR Sport sdV8 dynamic was stopped for delivery this wenesday, i now have a loan car sport v6 and am also waiting fix
actual fault is wiring harness RHD cockpit Q465, the nuts one has been rectified
It seems theres a wire 1/2" short and no one knowes what will happen if it breaks so all RRS deliveries cancelled
I am now waiting on RR NZ to hear from UK when a replacement loom will be available, then it has to be replaced ie remove dash. Not the best thing on a new vehicle done only 26 kilometers.
Asked for my 2008 RR Sprt TDV8 back , no go as they already had a buyer so we sit and wait, 2 weeks was mentioned
ALL RR Sports are are NON delivery throughout NZ

1 - 20 of 34 Posts