RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know not strictly RR, but still LR...

A head-on collision in NZ a month or so back, between a Defender 110 towing a car trailer with a saloon on board, and a Subaru Legacy, resulted in a fatal accident.

Defender 'train weight' was probably around 4,000KGs, Legacy weight around 1500KGs. Combined impact speed of 200KMH (125MPH) or greater. The five people in the Defender are all ok (one stayed in hospital overnight), the sole occupent of the Legacy was not so lucky and died at the scene.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/3197019/Crash-death-driver-named

Here is what the Defender ended up like :
[attachment=0:hrzmo0n4]paul.adshead.munted.defender.jpg[/attachment:hrzmo0n4]
Don't forget - all in the Defender walked away from a head on collision!

Such a shame for the Defender - it was only 18 months old and had only travelled ~10,000KMs (~6,000 miles). When I showed my partner the pic, she said "Who hurt the Defender?"

They are not sure why the Legacy driver strayed over the centre line, but a lack of skid marks may mean he was not conscious before the accident.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
I read the article and saw the photo that accompanies it. One important bit of information missing: It didn't say whether the Subaru's driver was wearing a seat belt or not.

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
THen again they also called it a Discovery... :naughty:

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rrtoadhall said:
THen again they also called it a Discovery... :naughty:
I emailed the website (stuff.co.nz) about that (- they haven't yet fixed it - if they ever intend to).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts