RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I don't know if it's the auto industry as a whole. But, I have a bone to pick with LR. It seems that whenever you need a fastener, screw or some such, used to install an accessory, they make you buy the whole darn accessory just to get those pieces. My rear passenger-side mud flap is missing a screw. I figure, just get it from you local stealer, right? Wrong! Same thing for my hood deflector. I need those little white fasteners. Again, you have to buy the whole flipping accessory! :x

·
Registered
68 Posts
wow, i've never experienced this with any of my previous and current cars (BMW, MBz, Acura). That sucks to hear that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I needed a new latch for my glove box. Had to buy an entire glove box lid. Rediculous, but modern times...

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
I know a guy who buys a new car every time his OEM tires wear out. I'm not kidding.

Hugebob, a screw? I don't have mudflaps but this screw is that special you couldn't find it somewhere else?

Also, guys don't forget there are local junkyards that specialize in the kind of stuff like glove box/latches, etc. If they don't have it they can get it, esp on a car that's been out for a few years. Call a couple in your area and negotiate, unless you just gotta have a new one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts