RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
I think the Ford tie up and having Jaguar (finally) as a big brother may well have increased quality. It doesn't suprise me. Many other brands are over rated in my opinion and people forget this when talking about JLR.

·
Registered
221 Posts
They've measured quality as customer loyalty and commitment, so being the nutters we are, other brands don't stand a chance. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Well the index as not as unique as they claim, it sounds like the same thing JD Power have been doing for years.

As to LR coming out top, its an overall measure of ownership satisfaction.
So a Range Rover that has all the controls in the right place and makes you feel awesome when you drive it yet has suffered several major failures which were quickly and efficiently dealt with by the friendly staff at the dealer MIGHT score higher than a mercedes S class which made you feel like you were in a german airport taxi, had the mirror adjustment in a stupid place and Carol Beer working at the merc dealer.

G

·
0 Posts
Maybe you guys are on to something. The only reason to own a Range Rover is how it makes you feel. It can't be justified that 4 wheel drive is required, it does poorly on fuel economy and environmental fronts, they are expensive and fail frequently BUT if driving one makes you feel special then you are likely to have a high opinion of it. I simply no longer have that feeling for them. I now see them as more of the white elephant that they are.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mike said:
Maybe you guys are on to something. The only reason to own a Range Rover is how it makes you feel. It can't be justified that 4 wheel drive is required, it does poorly on fuel economy and environmental fronts, they are expensive and fail frequently BUT if driving one makes you feel special then you are likely to have a high opinion of it. I simply no longer have that feeling for them. I now see them as more of the white elephant that I THINK they are.
Fixed that for you - I for one love the ride and feeling I get when I hop in it. It doesn't make me feel 'special', it's just something I like tremendously and enjoy - similar to how I feel when I hop in my favorite chair.

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
"Would you like travel insurance? It will fly you a flip-flop to you first class. But you have to pay for the flip-flop and tickel."

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,421 Posts
Tim (Scotland) said:
[quote="Doctor Leo":3iwwr0dk]"The computer says no"
Cough![/quote:3iwwr0dk]

Another Little Britain fan? :D

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
Mike said:
I simply no longer have that feeling for them. I now see them as more of the white elephant that they are.
Why do you still own one then?

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
jcole21 said:
Mike said:
Maybe you guys are on to something. The only reason to own a Range Rover is how it makes you feel. It can't be justified that 4 wheel drive is required, it does poorly on fuel economy and environmental fronts, they are expensive and fail frequently BUT if driving one makes you feel special then you are likely to have a high opinion of it. I simply no longer have that feeling for them. I now see them as more of the white elephant that I THINK they are.
Fixed that for you - I for one love the ride and feeling I get when I hop in it. It doesn't make me feel 'special', it's just something I like tremendously and enjoy - similar to how I feel when I hop in my favorite chair.
I've had two Rangies, driven numerous others, driven Discos 1000s of miles and have a Defender on permanent loan. Of all the cars, rigs and wagons I have driven, I prefer a Land Rover far above any other Brand. I'll take a Rangie any day. It has nothing to do with feeling "special", market image, brand name or keeping up with the Jones'. I like the feel of how my butt plants in the seat, the driving position, visability and sure footedness. Heck Jcole, my favorite chair IS my Rangie. :mrgreen: The quality really is no worse than any other rig I have had. At 160K miles alot less has had to be replaced on my P38 over my other trail rigs. I could care less about MPG, but I can say that I get as good and often better than most other cars I have had. I often take advantage of the all wheel drive and watch others slide around the snow and ice covered roads up here. I frequently use all of the load space and seating hauling people, dogs, garden supplies, camping and hiking gear and even a few rounds of furniture. Heck there are even times I have had to bolt the basket to the roof and load it up because I have run out of room. Yes, like many on this site and folks I know, I USE my Rangie. It is not a garage queen, a waxing buddy or a show and shine extension of my... personality. She a part of my family and a best friend that gives me a great deal of joy and always makes me smile when we are together.

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
p38arover said:
Mike said:
I simply no longer have that feeling for them. I now see them as more of the white elephant that they are.
Why do you still own one then?
:thumb: That's like staying with someone where the relationship is dead, there is no sex and you have nothing nice to say to each other. Unless you own property togther or have had kids with that white elephant move on and find someone who makes you happy. Errr, find a rig that makes you happy. :mrgreen:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
:thumb: That's like staying with someone where the relationship is dead, there is no sex and you have nothing nice to say to each other.
Please don't talk about my marriage on an open forum, Carl! :(

:lol: :lol:

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
p38arover said:
rrtoadhall said:
:thumb: That's like staying with someone where the relationship is dead, there is no sex and you have nothing nice to say to each other.
Especially with your anniversary right around the corner!! Hmm.. six weeks about? :think:

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
p38arover said:
rrtoadhall said:
Especially with your anniversary right around the corner!! Hmm.. six weeks about? :think:

Nah. Our 40th is in March 2010.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
1,418 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
:?: :think: :?: :shock: :?:

So what is in October? Have I edited all of these pictures in a hurry for nothing?

Note to self - pop popcorn, get lawnchairs, a cooler and watch this thread for any and all pictures.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,421 Posts
rrtoadhall said:
:?: :think: :?: :shock: :?:

So what is in October? Have I edited all of these pictures in a hurry for nothing?
Nothing that I can think of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts