RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just got my engine swap running sweet on petrol and i think ive bleed all the air out of the system so as it was warm i thought id try flicking it over to lpg and it missed and cut out. The engine came from the same aged p38 and was running the same lpg system. Anyone got any ideas? Could i have disturbed something when i swapped the engines? Any advice/ideas are gratefully recieved. :D

·
Registered
128 Posts
joolsnr said:
Ive just got my engine swap running sweet on petrol and i think ive bleed all the air out of the system so as it was warm i thought id try flicking it over to lpg and it missed and cut out. The engine came from the same aged p38 and was running the same lpg system. Anyone got any ideas? Could i have disturbed something when i swapped the engines? Any advice/ideas are gratefully recieved. :D
How much LPG is in your tank and how many times have you tryed to switch to LPG?

SID.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its got nearly a full tank but its sat for a couple of months. i havent driven it yet just got it running from the engine swap

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Well i guess it depends ont he type of LPG system you have, I will assume its a standard single point air intake vaporiser type setup of some sort.

Check theres gas getting to the vaporiser by checking the two or three solenoids on the system, always one on the tank itself, and one on the vaporiser, and quite often one on the line from the vaporiser to the mixer.

Does the engine cut out right away? is it starved of fuel? or does it splutter?

I guess it could also depend on how the gas mix is controlled, does it read an o2 sensor or piggyback any of the MAF wiring? as if I disconnect the MAF on mine it shuts the gas off, and if the o2 sensor is diconnected it often floods the engine at start let alone runs very rich.

Most likely gas just isn't flowing, solenoids are key culprits in these systems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts