RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

on my 1994 LSE I am working out whether I can fit under something if car is on lowest setting. Does it go lower than 1.5metres?>

Anyone know?

cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
533 Posts
Unless a door or tailgate is left open.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Standard ride height is 790mm +/- 7mm from center of wheel arch to floor. Access level is 60mm below standard. So, from standard to access is a difference of 2.6" lower.

The problem is that you can not drive in access mode as it will go back to standard ride height if 1) the parking brake is released, 2) you put the vehicle in drive, 3) the raise switch is pressed, or 4) the inhibit switch is on. Now the question is if you open the door which freezes the ride height can you drive it?????

Parker
1993 Plymouth Blue LWB

·
Registered
533 Posts
Sure thing. My tailgate swings open all the time. **** rust.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just been and checked the height (new work car park), car isnt back from garage yet so cant test properly but height is 1.95m (however there are some pipes hanging down so i reckon more like 1.8. I see a jeep grand cherokee in there.

Need to get a difinitive answer on the height.

Thanks for all help so far.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,758 Posts
So you are actually looking for vehical height not ride height. Vehical height will change with tyres, tyre wear, calibration of suspension and of course any roof accessories. Standard height new would be 71"/1.8m. Again that would be perfect world from new.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry yes, I mean vehicle height. its a standard 4.2 1994 LSE, still on air suspension which works. Standard 16inch wheels on road tyres.

1.8m should fit then

·
Registered
533 Posts
Are you looking to get into something, like a garage? Is that why you need height measurements?
If so, you can lower to access height and keep the door slightly open to hold it while you pull in. That would be absolute lowest. Measure from the ground to the top of the roofline while in access height should let you know minimum.

·
Registered
318 Posts
if you look under the drivers seat you will find the inhibit switch which i have repositioned near to me so to be able to lock the suspension at any height and still drive ok unless it is over 50mph then it does it's own thing

1 - 15 of 15 Posts