RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I know I'm going to get heat over this one from some, but I'm just curious if anyone has had good or bad experience with lowering links.

I'm looking to achieve the access mode height (not bump stop) - full time. However I'd like to go back to standard and full height as well.

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I know that adustableairride.com gets great reviews from the Mercedes crowd. John, the owner, appears to be top notch, by all accounts.

I can't speak to what may or may not happen when installed on a Rover though.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I'm here to give you your heat. You're messing with fire, I wouldn't do it. Find another car if lowering is your thing.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
remington said:
I'm here to give you your heat. You're messing with fire, I wouldn't do it. Find another car if lowering is your thing.
I appreciate all the feedback, be it good or bad it's all welcomed.

Sometimes we just need to hear the voice of reason.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,973 Posts
The cheapest and easiest way to do it is by "modifying" the height sensor linkage. You could then make the system think it is higher than it actually is. Then you could put it into off road mode if you wanted to go higher. Some have done this by bending the linkage, this is not wise.

A few words of warning though:

At speed the car will drop lower into highway mode, this may then drop you to the bumps, but because it "thinks" the bumps shouldn't be there it will hard fault when it discovers its not lowering further. To get around this you would need to lock the suspension by pressing the inhibit button.

It will drastically adjust the wheel geometry. Again, you can adjust this I think by altering the suspension arms, but this would need to be done by a very qualified mechanic who understands how the car works. In all honesty I doubt you would find anyone competent to do it. If you left it you would wear the inside of the tyres really fast.

Insurance may be an issue if you got into an accident, they might not want to pay out and you could be personally liable, if you kill someone you would be in prison (happened over here when a Land Rover rolled after the guy fitted a 1" lift - the guy is in prison for killing his family)

All of the above you should "consider" before you choose which path to go down. Personally I would leave it alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts