RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 20 inch wheels and I can`t go higher as my car is HSE ,so I need to lower it to get a better look ;)
what do you guys recommend ,lowering kits or air suspesion calibration
Any idea ,pros ,cons ?

Thanks .

·
Registered
543 Posts
Shrek.

Nether ! Better to install a bodykit or exterior accessories to make the stance 'look' lower, without sacrificing legal clearance issues in your state/territory dude ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
260 Posts
The maximum allowable by the new LR computer system is 20mm. I just had my 2010 lowered at the dealer by a good friend of mine. He said no matter what he did the 2010s wouldnt allow more than a 20mm drop. The 06-09 can go as low as the tech wants.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Must be a really good friend... Most dealers wouldn't modify the suspension defaults, even though they can, as they could get in trouble with LRNA for doing that.

shrek said:
I have 20 inch wheels and I can`t go higher as my car is HSE
Who says you can't? I am not saying you should do either - it's you car after all - but I don't know what would be less harmful to the car's longevity, installing larger aftermarket rims and/or tires to get the look you are after or messing around with the suspensions defaults to lower it.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
vinniman said:
Shrek.

Nether ! Better to install a bodykit or exterior accessories to make the stance 'look' lower, without sacrificing legal clearance issues in your state/territory dude ?

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

I love having Vinnie in the forum, reminds me of Jimbo from the TV series "Taxi".
A ton of off the wall "WT 8~ are you talking about" suggestions that somehow make sense at the end.

So Shreck, can't wait to see you bust out that "Baja Kit" on your rig, it's gonna look like a Eureka vacuum, low to the ground brotha!
I hear that if you color code the the rivets it looks pretty seamless, on the right light. Dark, dark light.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you guys for the inputs ,there is a Land Rover independent repair shop in my town ,he is very nice guy and has 30 years experience with LR repair ,he sometimes travels to Africa to fix LR vehicles in safari trips ,any way to make the story short ,as you guys stated ,he didn`t recommend any of the above ,however he would prefer to alter the air suspension rather than installing the kits if I am still adamant about lowering the vehicle ..he said if troubles ensue he will undo the changes.
I ll let you guys know about the results .

umbertob said:
Must be a really good friend... Most dealers wouldn't modify the suspension defaults, even though they can, as they could get in trouble with LRNA for doing that.

shrek said:
I have 20 inch wheels and I can`t go higher as my car is HSE
Who says you can't? I am not saying you should do either - it's you car after all - but I don't know what would be less harmful to the car's longevity, installing larger aftermarket rims and/or tires to get the look you are after or messing around with the suspensions defaults to lower it.
well ,after I read several threads old and new in RR net ,I concluded that rims above 20 inches for HSE will cause troubles for sure ,plus I love my 20 inches LR Alloy wheels more than any other wheels .

·
Registered
543 Posts
Shrek.

Have you thought of replacing your tyres with "run flats" ? This way your ride could 'look' lower when all four tyres are deflated and still allow you to drive on & off !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vinniman said:
Shrek.

Have you thought of replacing your tyres with "run flats" ? This way your ride could 'look' lower when all four tyres are deflated and still allow you to drive on & off !

Cheerio,

Vinniman
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

Vinniman ,
Thanks for your concern ,it is my fault ,I should have explained my self better , I needed actually to reduce the space between the tire and the fender , although I am not a big fan of lowering the vehicle but I have seen the English doing it in most of their luxurious RRS customization as it looks really elegant .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts