RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I will be entering my RR into some car shows and I would like to have it sit lower to close up the wheel gap during car shows...the lowest setting of the air suspension is still too high and I want to drop it all the way, is there some easy way to take all the air out for a car show?

I have not seen too many lowered RRs, only RR sports. Please help or point me to another thread/link. I try google and get irrelevant results

And then it can raise back up when the show is over

·
Registered
52 Posts
Re: Lowering a 2003 RR all the way down for car show purposes?

In my opinion, you should never modify the suspension in these volatile beast....especially an '03 :naughty: . Good luck though.

I know you can change the air suspension out all together to traditional leaf springs.

·
Registered
159 Posts

For a temporary option - with the engine turned off, jack each corner up, the car will try to self level by letting the air out of the suspension when you lower it back down if enough air has been released it should sit on the bump stops. To return to normal just switch the engine back on!

I've have seen mine like this when i have had new tyres fitted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Monty said:
For a temporary option - with the engine turned off, jack each corner up, the car will try to self level by letting the air out of the suspension when you lower it back down if enough air has been released it should sit on the bump stops. To return to normal just switch the engine back on!

Yes I want it to sit on the bump stops, just while parked during the show. Do you know how much lower than Access Mode that will get it??

So I put it in access mode, turn car off, then jack each corner up? How long should I do that before all the air is released?

·
Registered
144 Posts

Buy a Hawkeye tool from Bearmach. I have one. You can plug it into the odb port and lower the car to the pumps. When your done plug it back in and raise up again.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts

Locky said:
...lower the car to the pumps. When your done plug it back in and raise up again.
Errrr, uhm.... wouldn't you just pull up to her an the corner? No need to lower to her pumps. :lol:

·
Registered
159 Posts

cutlass442 said:
Monty said:

Yes I want it to sit on the bump stops, just while parked during the show. Do you know how much lower than Access Mode that will get it??

So I put it in access mode, turn car off, then jack each corner up? How long should I do that before all the air is released?
It doesn't take long perhaps try each corner for a 1 minute.

After have a wheel changed the gap above the front was approx 1-2 inches i did take a picture but can't find it right now.

·
Registered
401 Posts

my tech showed me how to pop the hoses out of the valve block on my P38A and that slams it to the ground. Just use a slot head screw driver to force the pressure connections lose and pull on the hose. Not too sure how things connect in the L322 but its worth a shot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts