RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to close it, it closes as it should but the car immediately beeps and the upper portion stops moving. When I watch closely I see that the lower portion closes but it doesn't "suck in" like it should. If I close it manually and push it until it clicks, the upper portion closes properly.

Would really love to avoid taking it to the dealer even though it's still under warranty. The last time it was there they left a huge scratch on the hood and never even responded to me when I emailed them about it afterwards.

Any thoughts or ideas? It just started happening after a grocery loader tried closing the tailgate and then manually closed the lower portion as it was all happening automatically. It seems no matter how many times I tell them not to touch my car they can't keep their hands off the tailgate.

Thanks in advance
Charlie

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have this same issue except my lower tailgate is latching all the way. I haven't really messed around with it yet.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the same problem, I lifted up the little flap on the lower tailgate and you can see the hinges. On mine, you could see that bolts on the hinge had backed out. I just tightened them all up and I now it works great. Give that a try.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quick update - I took it to the dealer. It turns out some plastic trim on the lower tailgate bad popped out and was causing it to be held out and not closer properly. Apparently they just push fitted it back in and all is well. I asked to see what exactly was happening so I could take care of it myself if it ever happens again but they couldn't really point to a specific thing, just kind of the top edge in general. Either way, its fixed now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts