Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover P38A
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I was taking out the sat nav cd reader this evening (I'm giving it to a tech who may be able to fix it) anyway, when I climbed inside the lower tailgate trim was wet but no sign of a leak from above.

When I lifted the plastic hinge cover there were more signs of water on the lower tailgate frame. I can't workout how the water is getting to the lower tailgate.

Has anyother other owner experienced this?

Gjlatz

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Common issue, even a TSB released for it. If you check your spare tyre well you may find a nice pond. The lower section of gasket, under the hinged bridge panel, does not provide a tight seal. The gasket needs to be removed, metal lip bent outwards ever so slightly and the gasket refitted.

You;ll find lots of topics on this as well as the TSB by searching along the lines of water in the spare tyre well.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,225 Posts
Ah hah... not just me affected by the rainy British weather then...

I got home from 3 weeks away for work to find an inch of water in the wheel well, and the bottom centre of the lower tailgate trim wet (I've got the plastic cover over the carpet) and signs of water on the tailgate seal..

Haven't had time to look into it as I'm now away (again) for another 2 weeks - but I wondered about the lip bending thing, and what that was applied to.. I know there was a TSB about cutting the 5mm sections out of the tailgate seal to drain water away, and mine has that done...

I know what to search for now! hopefully will be an easy task to do when I get home!

Cheers,
Marty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts