RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had a coolant leak at my lower radiator hose on my 2008 hse with 149k miles on it. My mechanic ordered two different lower radiataor hoses, and one of them states the correct part # on the package (pch501740, but unfortunately he says neither fit. One of them says [email protected] on the packaging.

I just ordered another lower radiator hose from land rover merriam. part pch501740.

any thoughts on why the part doesn't fit?

thank you

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,952 Posts
only way your gonna a reliable answer is to post pictures of your radiator and the hoses

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maximus thank you for offering your help.

pch501310 is the hose thermostat to radiator? Isnt that a different hose?

thank you

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
It's the only hose that matches what's in your photo of the hose the mechanic is looking for.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
2008 Range Rover HSE 155k
haven't changed radiator, water pump...
did replace belts and the lower radiator hose to thermostat 3 months ago.... as ihad a leak.

So after a few months it appears that i have another coolant leak... this time it appears to be from the other lower radiator hose..
the check coolant light comes on after 30 minutes of highway driving at 30-50 mph.... ive topped it off a few times, but even with the reservoir not showing low, the check coolant light comes on.....
i brought car to my mechanic who took a look and thinks it is from the other lower radiator hose... he topped off the coolant and im going to bring it back... he said that there are no evidence of leaks from the top of the engine...

he removed the cover to the bottom front of the car and so i parked the vehicle in my driveway and placed a carboard on the bottom and very little coolant appears on the box,,, just a drop or two the size of a nickle… there is some coolant on the frame/hoses from below, which i need to take a better look,, or at least have the mechanic look again....

a few questions
1) i haven't changed the thermostat or water pump in this vehicle 2008 HSE with 155k miles.... should i just change these as part of preventive maintenance.. not sure if changing the other lower radiator hose implies lots of work that i might as well change these as well
2) since i continue to get intermittent check coolant level, even with reservoir tank not showing low, anything else to do?change? Coolant sensor?
i have the iland device, when i scan, i don't get any codes.... what should the coolant temp read? any specific things to check to help me diagnose any other coolant problem?

rover runs great, no issues..... as it appears to not be a gasket, valve issue, id like to fix this and change out any other parts in prevention, so i don't have to keep going back every few months for another hose/part that needs to be swapped out.
thanks again for your feedback and help... this site is really amazing...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts