RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think my shop found the source of my shaking, worn out lower control arm bushings. The mechanic is going to show me the bushing here in a bit, he said he's not sure how any other shop missed it...My question is, has anyone here had luck, or know of others who have, using non-OEM lower control arms and bushings? If there were a better option, either cheaper or slightly more I would most certainly consider going that route :)Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Stick to original. Those nylon ones will ruin your ride and wear out much faster. Genuine front lower bushings are only about $17 each.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
Consider replacing the entire LCA. You will get new ball joints and new OEM bushings at minimal extra cost.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stick to original. Those nylon ones will ruin your ride and wear out much faster. Genuine front lower bushings are only about $17 each.
Consider replacing the entire LCA. You will get new ball joints and new OEM bushings at minimal extra cost.
I am planning on replacing the entire LCA, labor is the same (arguably less). I'll stick with OEM unless someone has found and had luck with something sturdier that doesn't sacrifice the ride, thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I put the cheapest ones I could find on mine and so far ( 3 years)-- they still seem to be fine. Paid about $425 (Cdn) (320.00 US) for the arms, and the stealer charged me $260 for the alignment.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only one of the bushings has a little play in it, which would explain why the issue is so intermittent. I've driven the past 2 days and only briefly (15-30 seconds) experienced the shaking. Ball joints on both look/feel great, and the other 3 bushings have nearly 0 play.I'm probably not going to rush into fixing it quite yet, but will update later if that resolved the issue!In other news, on the way back from the shop yesterday my battery light came on, alternator died in my driveway, it was stuck in park because the battery was dead, took me an hour to figure out where the release lever was to get it out of park, and now I'm waiting for the tow truck to come get it (Progressive Roadside Assistance FTW)... It's been a very, very expensive 3k miles of ownership so far :shock:

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
The driveway is where the alternator is meant to be replaced. 45 minutes on your back 10 minutes on your feet. 4 hours looking for the tool your kid never returned.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The driveway is where the alternator is meant to be replaced. 45 minutes on your back 10 minutes on your feet. 4 hours looking for the tool your kid never returned.
I do most of my own work at the City Garage where I work, typically on my days off, because they have a lift and tools, but this one had me in a conundrum. I work 3rd shift at my main job, my second job takes up most of day time hours, so as it is I my Fitbit informs me I slept 4 hours and 43 minutes today split into two sleeping sessions. I wasn't willing to sacrifice 2-3 hours of that to getting the alternator replaced and I needed it to run today. I'm in the ****ty position of having the RR being the only running vehicle right now :/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts