RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have purchased two lower control arms from different vendors. One is supposed to be moog but it came with a tall ballpoint boot. The one from the other vendor came with the normal ball joint boot. As I’m confused on which I should go with booth items seemed to come shipped different then the photos on the vendor website. Which is considered the right one. And will the tall ball joint boot be an issue otherwise?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG_0184.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0182.JPG the moog part looks like it was swapped in the box to this tall boot type. The other lower control is from am auto parts. All moog photos show a part similar to the regular type. I guess this is what happens when you don't buy oem

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have experienced premature failures with moog suspension parts so many times at the VW and Audi repair shop that I work at that we stopped using them all together. The only thing worse would be completely generic after market parts made in China which looks like the other option you have there. The ball joint boot won't be a problem. I used lemforder control arms and ball joints on my 05 Range Rover and would recommend them as best quality.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The China one has a 10year warranty lol. I may try it to see how it last and I Installed the one with the tall boot already. I need to decide with type I’m gonna use because I prefer the same on each side rather than mismatch. I believe the moog part is the wrong one. I got it from amazon someone probably pulled a switch a rue. They are sending a replacement but funny the price went from $35 to $75. I wasn’t charged the difference but I’m curious to see what the replacement looks like.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,191 Posts
Remember that all your suspension bolts are torque to yield bolts and should not be reused when you reassemble the suspension. This includes all bushing bolts, subframe bolts and even the rear control arm upper and lower bushing bolts and toe link adjustment bolts.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The replacement lower control arm came in today. However, the part is the same as the above photo with the tall boot. I was told that it is a new design and should function the same. Do you think i should use the new design part or stick with the old design although its a china made part also. I could just send them all back and start with oem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts