RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Supercharged sport

Ive had the car for almost a year now and love it however, I feel like it sits a little too high in the front and dosent look physically appealing and I'm not a huge fan of putting on bigger rims because of many reasons. I really like how the car handles in access mode when its locked obviously I know driving around at this height is very uncomfortable and can only be under 25mph, but I feel like if I lower the car slightly all around it would have a much better center of gravity and would handle much better. I was thinking about purchasing the Gap tool to do this, or maybe a suspension module such as the startech one or the renntech. I want to know if i do this which module or software would be the best? and also do i need a realignment? are there any long term side affects of this in the long run how will it affect the ace system?

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
516 Posts
I have the GAP tool and love it. If you are only adjusting the suspension an inch or so you should be OK without an alignment.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Have to agree. The folks at GAP have a great product with terrific customer service. Best of all, for something this basic you don;t need to install a module or fuss with wires. With the GAP tool you get far more than a lower suspension and everything is done through the communications port.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have LLAMs and drive around at 20mm lower than onroad height - ride is good and handling is good - however the inside of the tyres wear. Next wheel alignment will be done at the -20mm height to correct the wear.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
32 Posts
I have the GAP tool and love it. If you are only adjusting the suspension an inch or so you should be OK without an alignment.
Can you please give me a quick overview of how this is accomplished? You plug into the OBD port, then use the interface in order to permanently lower your Sport an inch or so while in normal driving mode? If so, how is the ride with the suspension slightly down? thanks for the heads up!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Gap has their vendor section below for questions on their products. There are also existing write ups that will answer most if not all of your questions.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
The tool plugs into the OBD port ans is accessed from my phone. There is a function to pre program 3 different heights so all I have to do is select the preset I want and run it. I did not have the GAP tool when I ran stock tires/rims so I can't say if he ride was better when lowered. If i lower it now I get rubbing in the rear when cornering. I have lowered it to access mode while on the highway and the ride was about the same as normal height. No real noticeable difference. It will stay in lower mode for a while or if you maintain 85 mph (not advised). I will just hit the lower button every so often.
Check out youtube too for an idea how the GAP tool works and what others have done with it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Gap has their vendor section below for questions on their products. There are also existing write ups that will answer most if not all of your questions.
Yes, time to make the forum read only, all questions can be answered by either using the search button or Google.
;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts