Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MY2010 RR Sport TDV8 Lux that has a very low and seemingly unalterable volume for both the front parking sensors and the overspeed warning.

I have excluded any personal hearing deficit and remain convinced that there is a problem such that renders both alerts virtually useless as they can't reliably be heard. The rear parking sensor activates a speaker at the rear of the compartment which emits at a higher volume and is more useful.

At speed, unless the radio is turned off and you actively listen for the speed alert you miss it completely.

As a note of comparison, we also have an Audi Q7 4.2 Diesel which has as standard fully adjustable parking sensor volumes front and back that work very well, and has excellent graphics superimposed on the rear camera video. Land Rover should have a close look at the Audi system to see one that works well.

Wondring if anyone else has experienced the same low audio problem.

The phone volume is fine as is the general audio volume for the entertainment components.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I too have notice the same with the park sensors in my 2010. If the radio is on I can barely hear them. In my old Ford as soon as you put the vehicle in reverse the radio would almost mute so that the park sensors were audible. Any system hack available to increase the volume would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.